TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Man theres some ugly bikes out there any more. What gets me more is the only reason theyre around is cause people are buying them :)

Registered
I would have liked to see a better view of the engine...and a possible price...
The price will be the key.

There is competition in that cc range from the CB300 and the Ninja 300. Both pretty good bikes in the $4k price range.

I would wager the BMW will be a lot more.

jb

Registered

Registered
Interesting.

Made in India will help with the pricing.
Reversed engine similar to the Yamaha YZF is interesting.
Remains to be seen if it is any real advantage in the whole packaging scheme.

I think the KTM 390 ADV bike is a possibility and it seems likely that if KTM does, BMW will follow with a GS version.

All good news for us!

Registered
Make me happy if they would just step away from the design table and dig out the tooling to make me one of these. They could call it a retro anniversary model. Given the ageing rider demographic in the US, it would probably sell quite well.

View attachment 24140

Registered
Not a bad looking little street bike. 34 horsepower is pretty solid for a 313 cc single. But yea, I'll wait for them to put that motor into a dual sport ( or at least adventure ) wrap. Now there is a bike I could get excited about!

Also, let's not forget about the BMW G450X.

With the high level of success of all these 300-class bikes lately (both on the street and in the off road world!), it is only a matter of little time before someone else finally makes another 300 class dual sport. There will almost certainly be something else by the time I could afford it, and I will almost certainly be a buyer at that time ;)

Registered
BMW has a rich history of innovative small-to-mid cycles. One of their early ones was a single-cylinder longitudinal shaft-drive model...a layout which has never been duplicated but should be.

Their boxer is their trademark - they should build on that. Or regress on that...scale it down! Go back to a SMALL air-cooled boxer - if they can find a way to meet the emissions regs. Make it simple; simple like the old VW Beetle was simple. Simple like the legendary BMWs were simple. Small and simple and smooth and shaft-driven.

The line forms at the rear, Herr BMW Executives. That's your company, tapping into a groundswell of American appetite for an engineered, sophisticated cycle that is not a two-wheeled Monster Truck; that's practical in size and application and built to ride and to last.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts