TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. New to the forum. Been lurking, but just signed up. Like the title says, I'm curious what the dealerships in different states are getting for a new TW. If you have purchased new recently or gotten a quote, please post up the info on the cost. I'm in So Cal and do realize if I buy out of state I'll have to pay sales tax and reg. fees here in Ca.

Here's what one of our dealers posted up.

THE DO-IT-ALL DUAL SPORT Mountain Motorsports- 49 Years of Great Customer Service!
MSRP: $4,599
DESTINATION: $225
ADDED MARKUP: $260
TOTAL ASKING PRICE: $5,084 +TAXES & FEES
Total includes sale price, added markup, and destination. Total does not include any government fees & taxes, or any finance charges. Mountain Motorsports provides destination, added markup, and total, for convenience and satisfaction with every purchase.

Thanks

Kenny4

·
Registered
544 Posts
Just go on cycletrader. Depending on how far you are willing to drive, there are great deals to be had. Find a deal. Call and ask for out-the-door price. Too high? Say thanks and hang up. Get the price you like? Get the sales person's name and go get it. I did this on my tw and my klx. I had to drive about an hour and 45 min for the tw. About 1.5 for the klx. Saved $700 on the tw and $1500 on the klx. I have 2 dealers local but they are really proud of their bikes. Lol

I give them 1 chance at the price. I don't haggle. You are either straight-up to start with or you don't get my business. I actually paid $100 more for my tw because the guy gave me the price as soon as I asked. The other place quoted high. Then tried to come down after I said no way. He lost the deal right there for me.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just purchased a 2020 that was a return and had 130 miles on it; paid $4200 out the door. North central Arkansas.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for posts. It would be great if we could get info from most of the states either 2019 or 2020 actual purchases or valid quotes. Having that knowledge just gives you a little more confidence as you shop. Here is the Ca. tax and fees breakdown based on the bike cost of $4000. Welcome to sunny California.

Current Registration:59.00
Current California Highway Patrol:27.00
Current Vehicle License Fee:27.00
Current Motorcycle Safety Fee:2.00
Current County Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies Fee:1.00
Current Air Quality Management District:4.00
Alt Fuel/Tech Reg Fee:3.00
Current Fingerprint ID 2:2.00
Current Vehicle Theft/DUI 2:2.00
Current Transportation Improvement Fee:27.00
Use/Sales Tax:310.00
City Vehicle Use/Sales Tax:40.00
Motorcycle Cross Index:1.00
Reflectorized License Plate Fee:1.00
Total Registration Fees:$156.00
Total Use/Sales Tax:$350.00
Grand Total Registration Fees:$506.00
Print Result
See

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'll have to look at the fees/license but my 2020 was $3988, discounted from MSRP. So Cal here. I don't know if dealers have restrictions on the prices they post in classified sections vs other dealers or not. If you did a price search they all list MSRP including the place that had mine. I actually requested a second bike to price match, a buddy and I ended up buying two. I'll drop back in too see if they can get more but they said no to a 3rd one.

They also discounted a 2019 Van Van similarly.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I paid cash for my 2020 TW new in Brookfield, Wisconsin. $700 off MSRP for a base price of $3,899. $179 Services Fees plus $500 Freight/Prep. Total out the door: $4,578. I'll pay taxes online in Texas, where I'm a resident, when the BMV opens again post-COVID restrictions.

The bike was advertised somewhere for $700 off, Cycle Trader or something--I don't remember. I looked around online in the area and didn't find a deal that cheap anywhere else, so I took a short drive from where I'm currently living and picked it up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'll look again, a motorcycle dealer listed the TW200 at $1000 off MSRP but it wasn't a CA compliant one. It was in the Las Vegas area on Boulder (Hwy?).

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
Reactions: GSMuscle

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
Hello. I just bought a 2019 new in Victoria BC - I'll go pick it up later today or tomorrow.
The price was discounted to $4399 CND. With freight, dealer prep, taxes and all that, the price worked out to about $5700 CND - which at today's rate is $4136 US.
Welcome to the forum!! (y)

·
Registered
96 Posts
What's up with these TW's selling so cheap? Is this common? I figured mine was discounted so much because the shop needed cash circulating during the recession. I got there and they told me they've had one of their busiest Aprils in the last decade.

·
Registered
96 Posts
PS: What's the difference between what I got--my manual says TW200L1/TW200L1C--and the other bikes, the TW200X/TW200XC? Are there other variations? Are prices different between these models?

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
PS: What's the difference between what I got--my manual says TW200L1/TW200L1C--and the other bikes, the TW200X/TW200XC? Are there other variations? Are prices different between these models?
Unfortunately you didn't do your research bro, and you bought the lowest powered TW available, the other ones have more power.

Reactions: TW-Brian

·
Registered
32 Posts
What's up with these TW's selling so cheap?
I asked about that and mine was just a good price it's a new 2019 and they need to make room on the floor for the 2020s and 2021s!
One thing the dealer told me that I thought interesting: with COVID shutting down a lot of factories, and causing other factories massive delays do to new cleaning procedures and what-not, some bike production lines are on hold for sometime. Some models may not appear this year, and others may have the prices jacked up 20% - or so he claimed.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts