TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Not sure this is a registered disorder, but regardless, it's one of my afflictions. When the ni-cad would no longer take a charge the modding began. Opened the unit up, removed the charging jack and wires and replaced the ni-cad with a AA alkaline cell. Has worked fine for a couple of years. The last few weeks, it seemed reluctant to start. This morning I opened it up and found the AA next to dead. To hell with this wippy power plant. Removed some sections of the 'frame' and squeeze in a far more robust C cell. Not pretty but sure is fast, and that's what it is all about....Use it as is. Kind of reminds me of those hot little boats used in the canals of south east Asia.

·
Super Moderator
17,925 Posts
Might we assume someone likes frogs in your household Gerry? :D

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
I too have hack-itis. I've been known to buy something I don't need, with the express purpose of hacking it into something different that I also don't need! :D
You have just described nearly every firearm I have ever owned! Buy them cheap, tune them up, and trade them for something that needs work. My wife takes comfort in the fact that my gun hobby is ridiculously cheap!

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts