TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be a number of you with etensive computer experience and knowledge, so I will ask if any of you have heard of this.
A week or so ago my desktop back ground (it was a picture of one of my bikes) dissapeared. I followed all the directions I could find on the net but could not get it back.
After about 4 days a different picture became my desk top. I didn't recognize it until I realized it was a greatly enlarged cropping of one of my other pictures. I tried but could not get rid of it. Early this morning I closed my computer without turning it off. Later when I opened it the screen was a blue blank with no cursor. Several times I turned it off by the emergency shut down of holding the power button down. Each time I turned it on I got the blue blank. After a number of tries it finally gave the icon and space for my Password. When I entered the password I got my old desktop bike picture back but 90 percent of the saved spots of information that had been my desk top were gone.
I was sure I had lost all that data, some of which was important to things I was doing. I used the computer a couple of hours and turned it off. Next time I turned it on I noticed a number of very small white tabs at the very top edge just below the tool bar. I put the cursor on one and dragged it down. It was one of my data pieces. Another white spot took its' place . I dragged that down and got another piece of data. With a lot of clicking and dragging, I got all of my lost data back and still had my riginal desk top photo of my bike. WTF happened?

·
Registered
604 Posts
There seems to be a number of you with etensive computer experience and knowledge, so I will ask if any of you have heard of this.
A week or so ago my desktop back ground (it was a picture of one of my bikes) dissapeared. I followed all the directions I could find on the net but could not get it back.
After about 4 days a different picture became my desk top. I didn't recognize it until I realized it was a greatly enlarged cropping of one of my other pictures. I tried but could not get rid of it. Early this morning I closed my computer without turning it off. Later when I opened it the screen was a blue blank with no cursor. Several times I turned it off by the emergency shut down of holding the power button down. Each time I turned it on I got the blue blank. After a number of tries it finally gave the icon and space for my Password. When I entered the password I got my old desktop bike picture back but 90 percent of the saved spots of information that had been my desk top were gone.
I was sure I had lost all that data, some of which was important to things I was doing. I used the computer a couple of hours and turned it off. Next time I turned it on I noticed a number of very small white tabs at the very top edge just below the tool bar. I put the cursor on one and dragged it down. It was one of my data pieces. Another white spot took its' place . I dragged that down and got another piece of data. With a lot of clicking and dragging, I got all of my lost data back and still had my riginal desk top photo of my bike. WTF happened?
That's weird. What computer is it? Some computers have a feature where it will automatically change your background like a slideshow. And you can change the setting to fit, center, and crop the picture.

·
Registered
20,366 Posts
Don't worry, NSA should return control of your computer soon.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Goodness I know I went to Apple to make life easier. Pretty much did but once the unit got like two years old it done got funky. Cheaper and easier to upgrade.......do they do that on purpose? Who knows, sure isn't much fun. But that's how I solved an similar scene "buy your way out".......regrettable but expediant.

·
Registered
6,435 Posts
I am 4 years into my use of Chromebooks and have never had a single hiccup. Not a single incident. I wish the same could be said of the many Windows based machines I have had and still do own. For basic and simple everyday online use the Chromebook seems unbreakable. Add to that the upcoming Chrome OS update which will enable Android apps to be used on Chromebooks and these things just became unbelievably versatile.

Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts