TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow I'll install a Suzuki rear rack, larger foot pegs and, eventually, a new, wider seat. I'm taking off the passenger foot pegs too. From there I'm not sure where to go. It's a 2013 with 1500 miles on it. To be honest this thread has overwhelmed me a little. Not sure which mods are needed versus just wanted. I'd like to make the bike as reliable, safe and fun to ride as possible without breaking the bank so I'm just looking for those things more experienced owners have found to be essential for those goals.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Why are you taking off the passenger foot pegs? You never know when you might want to haul someone. Add a 12 volt power outlet and a battery tender jack.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Tomorrow I'll install a Suzuki rear rack, larger foot pegs and, eventually, a new, wider seat. I'm taking off the passenger foot pegs too. From there I'm not sure where to go. It's a 2013 with 1500 miles on it. To be honest this thread has overwhelmed me a little. Not sure which mods are needed versus just wanted. I'd like to make the bike as reliable, safe and fun to ride as possible without breaking the bank so I'm just looking for those things more experienced owners have found to be essential for those goals.
TW is a safe reliable bike. So you don't NEED to do anything. Most like to personalize their TW. What you do is up to your intended,use and riding style.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Hi toma55, and - Welcome!

Like Padilen said, these bikes are safe and reliable. You do not need to do anything.

If I were you I would save my money for now and just ride it. Then, after some seat time you will determine what, if anything, you need to add.

If you just have to spend money right now then install an inline gas filter between your petcock and carburetor. It is cheap insurance (less than $10) to keep debris out of your carb.

If you are going to be riding off road a lot then some might suggest replacing the stock front tire with something better.

For now just ride and enjoy.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK. Thanks. As to the passenger foot pegs I'm removing them for two reasons. With me on the bike not much room weight or room wise to carry someone else. That and the fact that my basic riding policy prohibits taking passengers. In thirty years I've never taken passengers. I don't want to be responsible for someone else's safety. That and the fact that passengers are unpredictable in an emergency has led me to embrace this prohibition. If someone wants to ride then they can get their own wheels.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Suzuki rack??? 12v outlet??? Ok, time to start researching those... :)

·
Registered
572 Posts
I agree with the no rider thing, and you can still carry a passenger without having foot pegs for them; albeit not to fast or far. Having a passenger on your dual sport bike is just asking for trouble. When my wife quit riding with me, I was so happy that I sold the Sportster, and bought her a Rolex. Motorcycles just ain't made for two people, unless maybe with a sidecar; but you might as well buy an MG or something.
just sayin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts