TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello again. One of the last threads I started was about my coil. As a recap I came to the conclusion that I was getting power to the coil. Fast forward to me getting my replacement coil and getting my bike running, for one ride. I now find I am not getting power to the coil. Just to be clear I am not getting any power to the two wires that connect to the coil. I can't see any disconnected wires, there for I assume it's something else. Cdi? Did i blow a fuse? My starter is working.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Electrical! Yipes! All I can say is look at Section 7 in the TW 200 Service Manual. It contains trouble shooting steps for the electrical system. At this point, IMO, you need to find a loose, improperly grounded, or worn wire.

·
Registered
8,234 Posts
A very common issue is where the wires from the stator exit the side case above the front sprocket. Many times members have changed the front sprocket and pinched those wires when installing the left side cover.

GaryL

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried to start my bike with the charger hooked up to the battery, could this fry something?

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I tried to start my bike with the charger hooked up to the battery, could this fry something?
Depending on the amperage output of the charger. Yes.

Tom

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
2 amps, but I don't know what else would explain it. If this was the case, what would be the first to go?

·
Registered
385 Posts
check the green & white wires coming from the engine casing, i have had 2 tws that I've worked on where theses wire were somehow worn and frayed…dont know how, but the bike would turn over but no power to the coil, the sheathing goes brittle and snaps ( mine did anyway) i think this then wears on the wires…might not be your problem but could be worth checking.

·
Registered
19,197 Posts
Don't forget your ignition coil is just a big capacitor and a discharge to the spark plug only occurs after a charge is built up and then applied current interrupted triggering a discharge. Inappropriate to talk about a coil "has power", what it needs is a on-off,on-off, on-off 12 volt signal.

·
Super Moderator
4,706 Posts
Don't forget your ignition coil is just a big capacitor and a discharge to the spark plug only occurs after a charge is built up and then applied current interrupted triggering a discharge. Inappropriate to talk about a coil "has power", what it needs is a on-off,on-off, on-off 12 volt signal.
Would it inappropriate to mention the pulse coil at this point then ? ..........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts