TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have fun on my TW. However I need more of a dirt bike. I tried, I got a new shock and tried to live a lie, but I need more off road. No regrets. No law saying I can't own one in the future. ( the next TW i would own will have a disc)
The problem is I enjoy this forum. Would you mind a xr250 owner hanging out here with the cool guys? There's of course lots of great people on other forums. But there are dweebs too that I have no patients for. I like tw guys because they are not pretentiousness and for the time I've hung here respectful of opposing opinions
I'd love to keep it and have multiple bikes,however I'm trying to simplify. My goal by the time I retire is to have a backpack for clothes and a gear bag for riding

Registered
Hey Kevin...I hear you on the bike swap.
If I wasn't so old & broke down I'd probably be doing the same thing.
But I do love my TeeDubbie.
He has never once tried to kill me and if it ever happens I'll know it was really my fault!
I can still slide pretty good but I've lost the handle on wheelies. Hell, I never had the handle on wheelies, come to think of it.
I once ripped both back pockets off a new pair of jeans on a Yammie 360 TR-1 enduro.
Damn thing tried to kill me *all* the time but it only ever broke my collar bone once...front loop.
After I started riding Hare Scrambles that thing was just too awful to race. I sold it and got a new Penton 175 Jackpiner.
Oh, baby...after a short honeymoon, I traded plaster for trophies.
That bike never once hurt me!

Tell us all about your new bike when you get it!

I used to be a cool guy, now I'm just a cool dweeb!

Registered
Hey Max, If you need more power than you are completely correct to just go get another bike that has it. The TW is not for all riders and especially not those who still have the piss and vinegar to go blasting through the woods and trails. I would rather see the TW passed on to someone who will appreciate and ride it than to see it stuffed in the back corner alone and neglected. No requirements here that you have to own a TW to be a respected member of this respectful forum. Every once in a while we get a "Dweeb" or two but they usually get chased off or lose interest fairly quick. Lots of us here have numerous bikes and some like me have no bikes at all any more but we still hang around.

GaryL

Registered
This IS the dweeb-site, HaHa :)
That's why everyone is so nice.

What year XR250 did you get? I have a 1991 250"L" that'll snap-your-neck. It's my go-to off-road and trail bike nowadays though ya gotta be a real believer with no magic button.

The TW, always the definition of reliability is pretty much a buddy and back-up bike nowadays. It would be hard to get rid as long as I have a space for her to hang-out in the garage sipping on a battery tender. I don't think I've even started her in 6 weeks. Maybe next weekend?

IMG_3460.JPG

Registered
I mean. I'm always going to have this TW. I'm hooked forever. I technically have a more powerful secondary bike; however, it's a project :)

I'll eventually have a 3rd "more powerful" bike for longer distances. The TW will always be in my stable though. Good luck with your search for more power, and I have no issues with non-tdubers chillin' with Tdubers. Honestly, if you're on two wheels, you're in my club.

Registered
It's completely acceptable to have another bike in the garage.
For the past 9 years, I had a DR650 that I would insure for about 6 months of the year...that was the "other" bike.

I kept a smaller commuter/recon vehicle...started with a TW...then moved to an Sherpa, then an XT225...then an XT250...and now back to the first love: a TW.

The smaller bike is for commuting and trail scouting whereas the 650 was for full-scale two-up adventures. Now that the DR is gone, I'm still looking for another to fill its shoes...something a bit larger than the TW, with a bit more power. Thinking of a CRF250L or Rally....we'll see what comes up.

Registered
I like the CRF250L too. A bit more than the Rally version. Too much plastic to break on that version.

Registered
I have fun on my TW. However I need more of a dirt bike. I tried, I got a new shock and tried to live a lie, but I need more off road. No regrets. No law saying I can't own one in the future. ( the next TW i would own will have a disc)
The problem is I enjoy this forum. Would you mind a xr250 owner hanging out here with the cool guys? There's of course lots of great people on other forums. But there are dweebs too that I have no patients for. I like tw guys because they are not pretentiousness and for the time I've hung here respectful of opposing opinions
I'd love to keep it and have multiple bikes,however I'm trying to simplify. My goal by the time I retire is to have a backpack for clothes and a gear bag for riding
I'm in the same boat except I couldn't give up the teedub... I just added a yz450f to the stable. image.jpg

Registered
Parked next to my TW is my Beta 300. It has about 3x the power, and weighs close to 100lbs less. That's for blasting down trails and the tough stuff.

Parked next to that is an 800lb Honda Valkyrie that's old enough to buy a beer.

Each has it's purpose. I wouldn't want to ride 1500 miles to Vegas on the Beta any more than I'd like to take the Valkyrie on an enduro run.

Registered
Different bikes for different needs, as many already stated. Nice that motos are small enough to have a few & not cramp the garage too much. I had not ridden dirt bikes since I was a kid until I bought the Tdub last year because of where I live part time. I have always been a 500cc street bike guy, but I find the TW to be an absolute blast around town & on trails. I just enjoy plugging along with a big smile. Lack of speed is no problem in this context. However, since my wife will probably claim the TW as her own at some point I too will be looking for some 250cc dual-sport as another option.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts