·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
638 Posts
Ahhhh Vettes.
I love the 70's woman's body style best. Which dates me I know. But that was THE car when I was in High School.
If only, but us poor folk with three kids in collage can't afford a proper midlife crisis. Had to settle with buying a guitar and a couple old Trailways.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhhh Vettes.
I love the 70's woman's body style best. Which dates me I know. But that was THE car when I was in High School.
If only, but us poor folk with three kids in collage can't afford a proper midlife crisis. Had to settle with buying a guitar and a couple old Trailways.
I know the feeling well! Back in the days I had 2 Vettes, too bad they were Chevettes rather than Corvettes! Both were good solid cars BTW.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
LOL Gary, I had a Corv......but it wasn't a Vette, it was a Air. Corvair. I did love my '64 Monza Convertible. They were said to be the only car that sat in the showroom with an oil drip pan underneath. I would really love to own a late '65 or newer Corvair Corsa convertible. They made a kit to put a small block V-8 in place of the back seat. That would be fun.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I am well versed in all things Corvair. Have had every model, year, option and color, The two major V8 kits are Kelmark and Crown. A Crown small block is one of the best handling cars you could ever drive on the street.
I have a line on a Kelmark 66 coupe with a 4 spider diff and a very sturdy 327.
They are not drag cars (even the 4 spider diff is a weak link), but they will get up and go around any turn.

Had a 1963 4door with 10k miles on it back around 1992. Put Goodyear Aquatreds on it and proceeded to go around our local traffic circle at over 60mph to prove that the axle would not tuck under at speed.

Currently I have a 66 Sting Ray convertible that was in the middle of getting the interior redone, but I got busy at work.
Yes, I do all of my own work. Everything.

LOL Gary, I had a Corv......but it wasn't a Vette, it was a Air. Corvair. I did love my '64 Monza Convertible. They were said to be the only car that sat in the showroom with an oil drip pan underneath. I would really love to own a late '65 or newer Corvair Corsa convertible. They made a kit to put a small block V-8 in place of the back seat. That would be fun.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a 69 corvette but sold it and bought a 1947 Ford coupe. The Ford is the same age as me.
WOW! Didn't Fred Flintstone run one of them?:D

GaryL

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love the looks of the C1 and C2, the classic corvette.
Me too on the C2s Would love to have a 63 split window coupe when Donald Trump adopts me! My first choice would be a Shelby AC Cobra from 1966 and I would not care if it had the 289 or 427 engine. My first car was a 1962 Sunbeam Alpine from back when Maxwell Smart had a phone in his shoe. I had a Sunbeam Tiger just before I went in the USN but never did get it on the road and sold it before I got back home.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts