TW200 Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 1150 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Let's take all of the fluff out of what you said, so you can "hear" your own words... "dislikes...ethnic groups". Now go back to post #498 for the definition of racism, and post #996 for the definition of bigot.

Even with your rephrased sentence, I would still label that person as a racist or bigot, because that person would be stating that they dislike an ethnic group. It would be better to state what you don't like about what they (the people) are doing, than to classify the ethnicity as intolerable.
You clearly mis-read my Post, or you intentionally twist my words to make your point. In your first paragraph you conveniently leave out the words “behavior“. Nowhere was a statement made regarding disliking an ethnic group, it was “behavior”of members of that group. This completely changes the context.
In your second paragraph you say “what they(the people) are doing”. This is exactly what my question was. And NOWHERE did I say ethnicity is intolerable.

·
Registered
362 Posts
You clearly mis-read my Post, or you intentionally twist my words to make your point. In your first paragraph you conveniently leave out the words “behavior“. Nowhere was a statement made regarding disliking an ethnic group, it was “behavior”of members of that group. This completely changes the context.
In your second paragraph you say “what they(the people) are doing”. This is exactly what my question was. And NOWHERE did I say ethnicity is intolerable.
I haven't twisted anything you said. In fact, these are your words, verbatim: "What would you call an individual who dislikes or disagrees with one or more ethnic groups..."
My answer to this is the same; a racist or bigot. It simply doesn't matter the reason that a person dislikes the ethnic group. It's irrelevant, and the answer will be still the same.

I have not accused you of saying "ethnicity is intolerable". In your posts, you have referred to "a person" as the subject, and not yourself. I have respected this, and I'm sorry if you have taken it personally.

This thread is about the coronavirus. I'd like to be respectful by bringing it back in to focus. I'm happy to take this discussion to another thread or offline, if you feel it's necessary.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Imlost, again you edit my words to your benefit. Add behavior at the end of this sentence
I haven't twisted anything you said. In fact, these are your words, verbatim: "What would you call an individual who dislikes or disagrees with one or more ethnic groups...”

My answer to this is the same; a racist or bigot.

I have not accused you of saying "ethnicity is intolerable". In your posts, you have referred to "a person" as the subject, and not yourself. I have respected this, and I'm sorry if you have taken it personally.
What my frustration is coming from is your leaving out a Key word. Verbatim would be quoting me completely and finishing the entire sentence. You seem to not notice the word “Behavior” in my description. Try reading it again.
I haven't twisted anything you said. In fact, these are your words, verbatim: "What would you call an individual who dislikes or disagrees with one or more ethnic groups Behavior.
Imlost, At this point I’m not at all interested in your opinion. I just don’t like being misquoted, and that includes only using partial quotes. It’s best to drop this off-topic anyway.

·
Registered
362 Posts
If a person dislikes an ethnic group for any reason, it's racism or bigotry. Disliking them for "behavior" is irrelevant.
You [a person] can dislike what people do, and you can dislike persons or people, but if you dislike their race or ethnicity because of it, then racism applies.

It's time to let this go, Gastone.

·
Super Moderator
17,938 Posts
Are we done?

·
Registered
20,169 Posts
From applying the working descriptions encountered here so far it would be fair to assume that black leadership in America is fairly racist. Some are extremely racist. Their careers, wealth and power seem predicated on promoting identity politics. Louis Farrakhan comes to mind with comments like this : "White people are potential humans - they haven't evolved yet."

So where is the condemnation of this and other hate messages expressed by some minority leaders? I feel by and large mainstream America is pretty good at biting our tongues, turning the other cheek and instead giving preferential treatment to many groups. I don't approve, but I understand why some promote hate and feelings of victimization to further their careers while maintaining a power base and marketable voter block.

Remember President Donald Trump was elected on a platform seeking to make America great for all Americans, not just white people, or black people, or Democrats or Republicans but for all Americans. He was making pretty good progress on this, especially on what had been traditional moderate Democratic Party goals like minority employment, overall record high employment for the middle class, prison reform, job security for the average American via increased national security and sane foreign relations. I remember the hate and disrespect shown by Speaker of the House Nancy Pilose as she pre-tore Congresse's copy of the State of The Union Address while the President was identifying steps to limit spread of COVID-19. Don't forget previous administration left office with America seemingly on cusp of potential nuclear confrontation with North Korea. Giving Kim Jon-un a little flexibility to save face really defused the situation. We should really remember to strive to vote for America's future, not just the ascendancy of one. party's power base or agenda.

·
Super Moderator
17,938 Posts
We're waiting on the official word from the Governor but we could hit phase 2 this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,039
OK – so who here votes to remove all these posts about racism and bigotry and put them together on there own thread ?

It’ll only take me 10 mins to do ……

Alternatively, we can let that particular subject drop (on this thread) – ‘sup to you guys …….

·
Super Moderator
17,938 Posts
OK – so who here votes to remove all these posts about racism and bigotry and put them together on there own thread ?

It’ll only take me 10 mins to do ……

Alternatively, we can let that particular subject drop (on this thread) – ‘sup to you guys …….
Yep, please do remove them. No need for a new thread on it though, they can take it elsewhere, but not on this forum. (just my opinion though)

1021 - 1040 of 1150 Posts