TW200 Forum banner

1041 - 1060 of 1107 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I think we should let that fire burn out..... A number of years ago we went through the whole racist issue and then as now I forwarded bigotry as the best analysis... I think we got to the same place.... arguing over semantics....

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
Yeah!! We just got approved for phase 2 a minute ago!!

Not that it means much to me though, in my risk group, I am supposed to stay home through phase 4. (there are only 4 phases, am I supposed to stay home forever?)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I find all this phased opening interesting.... nothing has changed with the virus, testing and tracking is nowhere... and exposure is going to hit the roof... this won't be a second wave, it will just be a continuation of the spread and as people move around it will disperse into the lightly hit regional environments.

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
I find all this phased opening interesting.... nothing has changed with the virus, testing and tracking is nowhere... and exposure is going to hit the roof... this won't be a second wave, it will just be a continuation of the spread and as people move around it will disperse into the lightly hit regional environments.
The impatience of every one to get back out and about is going to certainly take a toll in lives. It's too early in my opinion.

I instantly think of going out to my favorite chinese restaurant though... :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,047
In the UK, England has opted for a sort of kind of very vague phase two. The best way to describe it, is “You can now go out and travel for exercise, but we are not going to tell you how far, or for how long” – along with a load of other non-definitive drivel

In Wales, The lockdown stands, and we are ready to repel boarders, as the English struggle with the differences between England and Wales that no-one (Boris and Co) explained to them – try to cross from England into Wales, and the Police will turn you back – and it’s the same deal with Scotland

The chaos continues ……

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
I'm wondering how many of us this has affected financially already. How many will lose their job or have already? What will you do? How will you feed the kids? How will you pay rent and buy the things you or your family needs?

Hey, it would be nice if every US citizen and Small Business owner got some bailout money but everyone is farting around right now when folks are scared, stressed and in desperate need so it's time to step up and do what we can now to help each other.

I have been planning and saving for a trip to see some forum members and my four boys in Colorado this spring but we are on lock down here in Washington state and no one will probably be going anywhere for a while so....

I want to re-direct that cash to help my fellow man, so I am offering $100 dollars to 10 forum members. (I know it's not much, but anything might help right now if you are one of those affected by layoffs or a job loss)

No questions asked and no one but you and I will know about this, so don't be shy if you need help. Send me a personal message with your full name, address, etc.

May God Bless...
Last offer-if you need a little help, let me know. Couple hundred left... :)(y)

If no one needs it, I'm spending it on me!!! We don't want that!! Seriously! It will only go for bad things like donuts and burrito's and chinese food...

Signed - BlimpBoy🐷

·
Registered
20,153 Posts
Tom, can you make you dog happier somehow...up the grade of dog food, walk on a leash, sneak her into church, rewarding play of some sort? If you won't treat yourself then treat your little friend.
Knowing of your generosity likely has already reaffirmed faith in humanity and its future for some of us.

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
Fred, this pup is way way way too spoiled already. I cater to her every whim.

Now she expects it!!! Fred, I've created a monster!!

·
Registered
20,153 Posts
Back to the Corona virus and it's COVID-19 variety:
Someone here expressed confidence that they would die if they became infected.
However the proven truth is that if in a high risk group fortunately the overwhelming probability is that one will not die.
One may get very sick but statistically have a low chance of death.
One can however do things to lessen probability of severity as you recover from COVID-19.
Talk to your doctor in advance about receiving the effective dosage of the proven safe antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine along with zinc sulphate and the antibiotic azithromycin when you first experience loss of taste and/or smell and you may avoid having to wait for a positive COVID test which often makes initiating treatment late . This increases one's likelihood of requiring hospitalization. Timing is everything in effective treatment using this protocal. Waiting puts you in greater risk. These studies are dismissed in the US for political and financial reasons but it is your life that is more important than a political parties ascendency or desire to sell you ferociously expensive but unproven new medications.
Had this drug been as dangerous as the touted current warnings it would not be still enjoying global recognition as a safe, proven, effective anti-malarial and lupus treatment but rather would have been pulled from market decades ago.
On note is fact that incidence rate of COVID-19 among lupus and malaria patients on variations of this protocal is rather low rate as well as fatalities linked to COVID-19 infection..

·
Registered
465 Posts
Yup. Not even as bad as the flu. Ruined people for nothing. Hertz has filed for bankruptcy now. Lots more pain from lack of money and jobs than would have ever been felt from the china virus. I tried to tell you.

·
Registered
20,153 Posts
Unfortunately the adverse socio-economic costs are another proven side effect that some expect us to accept s acceptable.
It is important to put this disease in perspective.
Looking at overall mortality rates vs. cause over time helps understand the relative severity from a medical standpoint.
This NCHS ( National Center for Health Statistics) chart of total mortalities over last five years is very informative. While one can see that COVID-19 is a new significant source of deaths this year its percentage of total deaths is still less than pneumonia but grater than influenza.
At its reported maximum in week 14 ( April 4th, 2020) COVID-19 was reported to account for 6.9% of total deaths in the USA while pneumonia is listed as responsible for 7.2% of total deaths with influenza was linked for 0.6%.
One can also see that COVID-19's impact on total deaths is still less than that of influenza in February 2019 which saw a record peak in weekly mortalities.
nchs-mortality-report.png

If you would like to see the source to think for oneself and draw your own conclusions rather than have your health risks summarized by those who may not have your best interests in mind it may be viewed here:

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
You sound like you are wishing it would get worse!
as Fred so clearly stated "don't put words in my mouth"

this virus is continuing to expand its impact on the human population and it is not in any way slowing down, we are only 5 months in and know very little about where it goes from here.

·
Registered
465 Posts
as Fred so clearly stated "don't put words in my mouth"

this virus is continuing to expand its impact on the human population and it is not in any way slowing down, we are only 5 months in and know very little about where it goes from here.
I am not allowed to repeat on here.

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I am not allowed to repeat on here.
we make so many bold assumptions about others meaning. one reads and hears through their own biases, after all whatever one comes up with is in their head

1041 - 1060 of 1107 Posts