TW200 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't get to go to work with any symptoms or a temp of 100.4 or higher. I have been washing hands a lot and my family has been taking our temps twice a day.
Alaska is starting to get cases and people are getting worried.

·
Registered
251 Posts
So it's official South Africa is on lock down. From midnight Thursday 26 March till midnight 16 April movement is restricted to mandatory food and medical runs. Only the usual emergency services and food shops and the food supply chain is allowed to be operational.
The joke of it all is that govt has come up with an aid and rescue package for the S.A. economy, some rumored that it is only for companies that are 51% black owned, but that is false news.
Edit: I went off on a tangent but have now removed it.
I have to give the govt credit for trying to protect the large population that are HIV and TB infected. If predictions ring true then 60-70% of S.A. will have this virus and the HIV/TB infected rate is about 20% of the population(age 15-49). 20 % of 50 million = 10 million high risk people. Then there are the elderly and other people with underlying medical conditions and us smokers, I'll guesstimate another 10 to 15 million.
Roughly half the country is at risk of this thing.

THANKS CHINA!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
17,659 Posts
I'm wondering how many of us this has affected financially already. How many will lose their job or have already? What will you do? How will you feed the kids? How will you pay rent and buy the things you or your family needs?

Hey, it would be nice if every US citizen and Small Business owner got some bailout money but everyone is farting around right now when folks are scared, stressed and in desperate need so it's time to step up and do what we can now to help each other.

I have been planning and saving for a trip to see some forum members and my four boys in Colorado this spring but we are on lock down here in Washington state and no one will probably be going anywhere for a while so....

I want to re-direct that cash to help my fellow man, so I am offering $100 dollars to 10 forum members. (I know it's not much, but anything might help right now if you are one of those affected by layoffs or a job loss)

No questions asked and no one but you and I will know about this, so don't be shy if you need help. Send me a personal message with your full name, address, etc.

May God Bless...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Little Tommy .... always thinking of others...take care my friend..for you to give what was so hard to save.. think of all the doughnuts that you could have...it's TRUE..the Lord work's in mysterious ways ... after reading your post this morning the only thing missing is the trip to see your family an friends.. when this gets straightened out ...in time it will...the plane tickets on me...stay safe my brother... keep planning that trip.... Asphalt....GOD is GREAT... BEER is GOOD... PEOPLE are CRAZY

·
Super Moderator
17,659 Posts
Little Tommy .... always thinking of others...take care my friend..for you to give what was so hard to save.. think of all the doughnuts that you could have...it's TRUE..the Lord work's in mysterious ways ... after reading your post this morning the only thing missing is the trip to see your family an friends.. when this gets straightened out ...in time it will...the plane tickets on me...stay safe my brother... keep planning that trip.... Asphalt....GOD is GREAT... BEER is GOOD... PEOPLE are CRAZY
Truth be told, I did see one of my four sons a couple years ago when I had him come out for a visit, but up to then I was unable to go visit any of them due to health issues. Believe it or not, I haven't been able to go see them for 24 years now. This trip meant so so much to me to be finally able to go see them. I had given up hope of ever being able to see them several years ago. I have worked hard for almost a year now to address my health issues and things are turning around for me now. None of them know the problems I had, they just feel I abandoned them and didn't care. Of course they couldn't be more wrong. Honestly, it's been so heart breaking to me. Only 2 out of 4 of them talk to me, the other 2 think I abandoned them, but I believe there is hope if I can only get there and explain things. There is so much they don't know. This is the one big item on my bucket list that I must somehow accomplish. I have been setting aside whatever I could for this trip for the last 3+ years. I already live "pretty close to the bone" and get by as frugally as I can but it has always been extremely important to me to help those that don't have it as good as I do and I try every month to do something for someone. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't help or at least try to help those who might need a little encouragement. The good Lord Jesus gave me such an incredible life and blessed me so richly that honestly I never worry about Him providing for me. He's always provided a roof over my head, a bed to sleep in and at least one meal a day. I know lots of folks pray for things all the time but I really never ask the Lord for much at all, He just provides. I think when you take care of God's business, he takes care of yours. So.... when He lays it on my heart to encourage or help someone, I just do it. I don't hesitate or question Him. Yes, I want to go see my kids, but when He lays it on my heart to take that money now and help others, I am going to do it immediately, no questions asked. He will make a way for me to go see the kids when the time is ready. Brother Asphalt, your offer really touched my heart and I thank you for that most gracious offer but why don't you join up with me and direct that moolah towards a couple forum members who might be struggling right now? You in bro? We'll worry about the future later...haha but let's help those in need now. What do ya say bro? You in? (You'll have a hard time saying no now...since I'm twisting your arm pretty hard. haha 😁) I'm probably going to die anyway if I catch this virus since I am elderly and have about all the bad problems that complicate things. Let's do what we can now to help those in need. Anybody else interested? Ya can't take it with you!!

·
Registered
19,761 Posts
Interesting video from Feb2 before Italian covid-19 outbreak.

How many recall the Dario Nardello's, the mayor of Florence's "Hug a Chinese" program he announced February 1st to counter US President Trump's calling for a ban on flight's from China? Our administration was condemned at the time by some as being "racist" while trying to get ahead of the developing potential for a pandemic. By contrast Italy 's economy and foreign trade are very dependent on China so the promotion was understandable if questionable now in hindsight.
Supposedly Florence is home to one of Italy's biggest Chinese communities, with over 17,000 Chinese nationals officially registered as living in the Prato suburb. But local sources say the number is closer to 50,000, with many working in illegal sweatshops in inhumane conditions.
It does make for an interesting timeline.

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
A few weeks back, I had occasion to berate the editor of a local newspaper for constantly using a picture of a Chinese person in a mask every time his paper posted something about Covid. Never being one to avoid the use of “thinly veiled threats” (you may have noticed), I may have suggested that he was encouraging a “race hate” crime. The Welsh are an emotional bunch at the best of times. The use of such images, at least in that particular newspaper, has now “severely diminished”

Meanwhile, on a more domestic note (for the USA), “lockdown” comes at a price

The UK has a similar thing going on at the moment, in that rather than lay off workers, we suspend the business, keep the workers on the books, and as that is on Government orders, the Government pays them 80% of (potential) earnings. This in turn, produces “Much Binding in the Marsh”, as the effects filter downstream. The banks and mortgage companies (which are independent and not Government owned as they are over there), will suspend repayments, but still expect to have their pound of flesh at the end of the day. We may be sympathetic, but it appears we draw the line at a “free lunch”

This draws into perspective the thing that all nations are avoiding talking about at the moment. The inevitability of a recession. Toilet roll supplies will recover, and hopefully we will not lose too many people over this, and keep companies ready to take up business as this situation recedes. Yet all this money has to be re-paid somehow, both on a national basis, as well as on a personal one

Covid 19 is a double edged sword – and just how deep it cuts still remains to be seen ……

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I find it interesting that most nations function on debt as well as most individuals.... I would include the stock market as well... don't central banks just print money, otherwise where do these trillions of dollars come from...

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #118

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
3 coworkers had all the symptoms of this new disease before it was ever announced. They all 3 actually rode together in the same truck during that time. The symptoms they described aligned with the covid 19 symptoms. They all had said it was very painful in the muscles, one had some breathing issues, one had some of the other symptoms as well such as the loss of appetite. They all had said it was like nothing they ever had before and all missed at least a week of work or more. So is this really all that new and is it as bad as they are saying. I didn't catch it and the other co-worker who is 65 didn't catch it. We all work fairly close together but we are outside, maybe the UV rays killed it off quick enough. Why are the outdoor work activities being affected when the UV rays supposedly kill it off and you work further distances from each other?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Here in Washington state the governor suspended all fishing. I have yet to hear a reasonable explanation for that.

101 - 120 of 135 Posts