TW200 Forum banner

1481 - 1500 of 1539 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Not sure how a person can look at those images and still think that's "Liberty", "Living life to the fullest", "just another flu", "Democrat hoax", but I'll bet someone will say it again before long.

·
Registered
304 Posts
It appears that there is no increase in COVID infection due to the recent world wide protests. Theory is because most people were outside. If so, I think this is fantastic news. That means people can relatively safely congregate outside.*

*Even if they are merely having common family fun on the beach and not just protesting the newest overwrought issue shoved down their throat by social media.

·
Registered
304 Posts
View attachment 206389

Based on the yellow line, which shows new cases, any guesses where the blue line (hospitalizations) will be soon?
It really depends if the people in the yellow line are already unhealthy (overweight, coronary artery disease, diabetic) or elderly.

·
Registered
485 Posts
It appears that there is no increase in COVID infection due to the recent world wide protests. Theory is because most people were outside. If so, I think this is fantastic news. That means people can relatively safely congregate outside.*

*Even if they are merely having common family fun on the beach and not just protesting the newest overwrought issue shoved down their throat by social media.
I'd agree with you (in part) if most of the people on that crowded beach were wearing masks.
This being said, there's risk in every group congregating outside, even if they're wearing masks. This includes protesters.

·
Registered
485 Posts
It really depends if the people in the yellow line are already unhealthy (overweight, coronary artery disease, diabetic) or elderly.
You can't assume that healthy people who contract Covid-19 won't need hospitalization. I didn't look it up, but I believe that the number of relatively healthy persons hospitalized with this disease is around 10%.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Based on the yellow line, which shows new cases, any guesses where the blue line (hospitalizations) will be soon?
as with the March - April period on the graph, blue will track the yellow on the way up.... just a week or so behind

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,488
The pictures of crowded beaches over here are misleading – taken from an angle that makes it looked packed, but subsequent overhead drone footage shows most were distanced sensibly

Another case of “We’ll post the most dramatic looking pictures to sell newspapers” – duly swallowed whole by the gullible

Yeah – it was a mess, but for a different reason than that shown in the photos ……

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I don't know Purple.... when you have that many people burping, farting and carrying on in relatively the same area..... I'm just sayin

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,490
The high UV rate took care of the virus - we took care of the rest through fighting, stabbings et al - like I say, it was a mess ......

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Ya mean stuff like this....?

The scenes of revelry were evident overnight on the streets of London and Liverpool, two of the worst-affected cities during the pandemic, which has claimed 43,230 lives across the U.K., by far the highest in Europe.
A night after clashes in the south London district of Brixton following a street party, which left 22 police officers injured, London's Metropolitan Police said officers had to attend further unlicensed music events, block parties and raves.

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,494

·
Registered
304 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,498
Far from the norm, but always just below the surface - the release of lock down coinciding with hot weather and the whole “BLM” thing has just “lit the fuse” …..

·
Registered
543 Posts
Just saw this article. It is from February I think. It was written before the news media got their orders from the top to instil fear in the general public.

Wearing a face mask incorrectly might put you at greater risk of getting sick

However, the FDA says that both of these masks are just one part of an infection-control strategy.

“While a facemask may be effective in blocking splashes and large-particle droplets,” the agency says, “a facemask by design does not filter or block very small particles in the air that may be transmitted by coughs, sneezes or certain medical procedures.”

“Facemasks also do not provide complete protection from germs and other contaminants because of the loose fit between the surface of the facemask and your face.”

Surgical and N95 respirator masks are only recommended for those who work with infected people for extended periods of time. In other words, people like healthcare workers.

Dr. David Eisenman a professor in the Department of Community Health Sciences at UCLA told ABC News the vast majority of masks being worn won’t do very much to help healthy people.
“I think people see a mask and they see an illusion of protection. [People think] that if they put the mask on it will somehow block the viruses from getting into their mouth or noses when they breathe, Eisenman said.

“That’s just not the case. Anyone who does not have a respiratory illness, meaning a cough or sneezing, should not be wearing any type of mask, whether a surgical mask or a respirator.”

That sentiment is shared by the New York Commissioner of Health. Dr. Howard Zucker urges the public not to buy masks. He says they should be just used by healthcare workers.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Just saw this article. It is from February I think. It was written before the news media got their orders from the top to instil fear in the general public.

Wearing a face mask incorrectly might put you at greater risk of getting sick..........................................................................................................etc.

1481 - 1500 of 1539 Posts