TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think everyone should pay close attention to the Coronavirus outbreak. This virus could kill millions of people. I grew up with a philosophy that "a little paranoia is prudent." With this virus a person can be contagious and not show symptoms for several days. Stay focused on washing your hands, keeping your hands out of your face and mouth, and avoiding crowds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk5P...ature=emb_logo

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Mister Runner:
Thank for the info.
The new viruses are some scary chit!

·
Registered
19,572 Posts
Yes indeed, supposedly several quarantine perimeters have already been compromised. Accurate up to date info of the spread from China may be questionable.
Please do not think any fabric mask can filter out viruses and provide you much tangible protection, those are primarily to capture the spittle from the wearer thus reducing chance of spreading infection to others. One would need a powered air purified respirator with a good face seal and the appropriate filters for protection from any airborne contagion.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yes indeed, supposedly several quarantine perimeters have already been compromised. Accurate up to date info of the spread from China may be questionable.
Please do not think any fabric mask can filter out viruses and provide you much tangible protection, those are primarily to capture the spittle from the wearer thus reducing chance of spreading infection to others. One would need a powered air purified respirator with a good face seal and the appropriate filters for protection from any airborne contagion.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Not scared...it is a serious problem but not a calamity ….the virus is not particularly deadly and with the advances in medical technology I suspect there will be a effective vaccine in short order.....

I will just take normal precautions during the Flue Season.....avoid crowds and frequent hand washing.....come to think of it....that is what I do anyway.
The stock markets always over react because of the cascading effect of computer trading....this is a buying opportunity...iMHO of course...

·
Registered
329 Posts
We were just at our local Chinese Restaurant and the waitress's dad just came back from that area. She said it started because people there eat bats. Well that is real smart!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
by NewsInsider on January 25, 2020
A Virologist who helped fight SARS says Wuhan Coronavirus is 10 times worse than the epidemic 17 years ago. According to Dr. Guyan Yi, director of the State Key Laboratory of Emerging Infectious Diseases at the University of Hong Kong, the “golden period” to contain and eradicate the virus had already passed. “I have experienced so much and never felt scared. Most viruses are controllable, but this time I am scared,” said Dr. Guan Yi.

·
Super Moderator
4,881 Posts
Quotes are scrwed at the moment, but I feel sure you'll work this ...

"We were just at our local Chinese Restaurant and the waitress's dad just came back from that area. She said it started because people there eat bats. Well that is real smart! "

So, your waitresses dad just came back from the affected area, and you still eat there ? - Darwinian theory at its finest .....

·
Registered
19,572 Posts
Bats are prepared in several manners, such as grilled, barbecued, deep fried, cooked in stews and in stir frys. When deep fried, the entire bat may be cooked and consumed. Bats have a low fat content and are high in protein. During cooking, bats may emit strong odors reminiscent of urine.

Bat soup is suspected be the Cornelius virus vector, but it is so darn tasty!
How to make it
  1. Place the bats in a large kettle and add water to cover, ginger, onion, garlic and salt.
  2. Bring to a boil and cook for 60 minutes.
  3. Strain broth into a second kettle.
  4. Take the bats, skin them and discard the skin.
  5. Remove meat from the bones and return meat, and any of the viscera you fancy, to the broth.
Yummm, you have to love the fancy viscera!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Bats are prepared in several manners, such as grilled, barbecued, deep fried, cooked in stews and in stir frys. When deep fried, the entire bat may be cooked and consumed. Bats have a low fat content and are high in protein. During cooking, bats may emit strong odors reminiscent of urine.

Bat soup is suspected be the Cornelius virus vector, but it is so darn tasty!
How to make it
  1. Place the bats in a large kettle and add water to cover, ginger, onion, garlic and salt.
  2. Bring to a boil and cook for 60 minutes.
  3. Strain broth into a second kettle.
  4. Take the bats, skin them and discard the skin.
  5. Remove meat from the bones and return meat, and any of the viscera you fancy, to the broth.
Yummm, you have to love the fancy viscera!
some what similar to how the indigenous peoples of the Yukon prepare ground squirrel. roast on a stick in the round skin on over an open fire then put in a stew viscera and all.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
The Media's Impeachment Band Wagon is Failing Miserably, so they need something else to scare the $hit out of the gullible public...just saying. This stuff is not a major outbreak threat in the US {Yet} … things could change but go ahead and live your life as you always do...with proper caution.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
The Media's Impeachment Band Wagon is Failing Miserably, so they need something else to scare the $hit out of the gullible public...just saying. This stuff is not a major outbreak threat in the US {Yet} … things could change but go ahead and live your life as you always do...with proper caution.
As someone who inspected Restaurants for over 20 years, along with other Environmental Health programs, Chinese Outlets were some of the most 'Suspect' of them all....but no more so that most "Mom and Pop" Home Cooked outlets...eating out is an adventure, and trust me, sometimes you are better off not knowing what the kitchens look like....trust me {again} most are NOT something you want to see...:sick::eek:

·
Registered
969 Posts
There's an old saying for restaurants: "If you want to know what the Kitchen looks like...check out the restrooms." Because if one isn't clean, the other sure won't be either.

As for this virus...I remember reading YEARS ago about how deadly the Ebola virus was and how its escape into the world would spell the end of humanity. Although it was an awful outbreak, it wasn't nearly as devastating as the initial reports suggested.

You can thank us Canadians for developing the cure....sorry, we don't get to brag about much, we're usually quite humble....and apologetic....sorry for rambling on....

·
Registered
378 Posts
From someone who is always skeptical of the news, I think it's important to pay attention to the outbreak, but don't go disrupting your lives just yet. If youre deeply concerned, go get some N95 respirators in case it goes widespread here... other than that, life is a numbers game, you can prepare in certain aspects to tip the odds a little bit in your favor... but bottom line... of your number is up... your number is up.

what concerned me was the report of only around 3k infected... but China has construction crews working round the clock to build a new hospital. With conflicting reports from docs that over 90k are infected... just seems odd. Some doctor in an interview was crying saying so many people are infected and there is just no way to treat them all.

Something is suspect, and I'm not ignoring it, I live in Washington where we are already well-known for our wealth of intelligent citizens refusing to vaccinate their kids. Why not be one of the first US corona virus sites lol.

·
Registered
329 Posts
We were just at our local Chinese Restaurant and the waitress's dad just came back from that area. She said it started because people there eat bats. Well that is real smart!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Apparently Bill Gates says they are working on a vaccine. Translated here comes $$$$$

We in S.A. joked while the rest of the world was scared of SARS we have it! (South African Revenue Service)

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
It is Trump's fault! If he had not placed tariffs and sanctions on China those folks would not be eating rats, bats, dogs and cats. Right?

GaryL

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
nah, it's gods handy work. trump isn't that powerful....

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
nah, it's gods handy work. trump isn't that powerful....
No offence Troll but we spell our God and our President's name with a capital. "G" od & "T" rump and out of respect whether you like him or not it should always have President in front of it. My Bad for that but he is the Boss, CEO & Commander in Chief of this country and there is but one God with many different names. Yup! President Trump might not be all powerful but he sure is number 2 in this world.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts