TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
The west coast seems different, but in my particular area there is no backfee of any sort for a vehicle going without registration for a few years. My understanding is that you can waive it in some places if you prove that you didn't own it for that time.

So after paperwork, you could shop used parts and do it for a few hundred at the most. I would say it's completely possible to have that stuff for under $250 (gauges and all lights) if you be patient about finding good deals.

Is it missing the left control on the bars or the horn stuff? Check under the fairing for a flasher relay. Should be clipped on the left side. The flasher relay and hand controls could run your money up a little more.

·
Registered
631 Posts
You must be looking at that one on craigslist... If you could get it a little cheaper than the $1200 he's asking.. it would give you an excuse to put a nice big round aftermarket headlight, LED blinkers, and nice clean license plate holder on it... A few hundred bucks and you'd be set! Not sure what the tags would cost you???

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
There's one on ADV with no title for $650 in similar condition. It would probably cost the same once you got the paperwork, though.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Starting with an early 90’s TW that has no battery and no instrument cluster and no lights and has only been run as a dirt bike for the last few years, what do you estimate it would cost to add the necessary parts to make it street legal?

Thanks.
You can get all that stuff cheap. It doesn't have to be OEM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts