TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be great if some one could go through all the photos of all the years and make a sticky showing all the color schemes from the beginning. I would want the pictures to be of complete bone stock machines in like new condition. I know my 1991 year model came in two colors but I have no idea what the other color was or even what they call mine.

some guys here can give a quick look at any of them and tell us what year it is. I did a google search for 1991 TW 200B and not one of the pics they show have my same colors, WTF?

Gary

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Such a year by year compilation exists, but I don't remember exactly where. An exhaustive search or a smart forum member should lead to it. I'm sure you've looked at bikepics.com. Many of these have confused model years, or are not stock, but I'm recalling a compilation of stock bike photos by year. I'd persist and hope for luck. Tom

·
Registered
468 Posts

not what you were looking for however, this short video shows some very cool color schemes on the TW200 and 225.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. I did look at the bike pics and the video and both are cool but it could just be that my '91 had some plastic changed. They show the 1991 model as having all white plastic but mine has white fenders and rear plastic with black removable panels over the air filter and the tool box. Otherwise it is as they show in the bike pics.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mystery solved. While doing some maintenance I had both side panels removed and the one over the air filter started out white but was painted black. The right side over the tool/electric box is and always was black but I suspect he probably replaced the tool/electric one and could only find a black one so he painted the other to match.

Gary

·
Registered
44 Posts
My '91 is all black with blue/purple decals on the tank.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My '91 is all black with blue/purple decals on the tank.
There were two color schemes in 1991. Sounds like you have the other one as mine should have all white plastics but with the same Blue/Purpleish tank with flames around the TW in red and yellow. My frame is black with the rear swing arm in silver.

You can see mine in one of my first posts from the day I got it. Will look in your profile to see if I can find yours.

Gary

·
Registered
44 Posts
Here is a '91 for sale in my area that has the white sceme.

1991 Yamaha tw200

Here is my all black bike...by the way I'm glad I have the black.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is mine with the black and certainly changed side covers. Yeah, I sure do like your black beauty a lot but I can live with my "Girlyman" colors as long as I have a good Dub to ride.

Thanks for posting those pics and I think your color scheme is called Onyx. Don't know what name they called mine.

Gary

1 - 10 of 10 Posts