TW200 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2008 TW back from it's first visit to the dealer. After 3 seasons and 6300 miles of trail riding all it needed was a new chain and front sprocket and a fork boot. A check of the valves found they needed no adjustment. I am so glad I decided on a TW for my first bike. After riding it for a season I did decide that I would learn a lot faster if I also had a smaller bike so I picked up a brand new klx 140 for 1900 dollars and that was money well spent since it helped me advance so much faster. Now as my third season of riding comes to close I am getting bored with the little bike and will probably sell it next spring and maybe replace it with a mid size dirt bike but I will never sell the TW it is way to much fun. 79 dollars in parts and 144 dollars of labor for 6300 miles of fun. If you are ever in Cass City Michigan make sure to visit Thumb Motorsports. A great group of guys and Shawn is a mechanic that truly loves motorcycles.

·
Registered
13,920 Posts
Good to hear that you are having a good time on the TW, and that your maintenance is being held to a minimum.

I've had the same good fortune when it comes to maintenance. 2 batteries (my fault I killed them) oil changes, and no valve adjustments needed...yet. Gonna do another valve adjustment check in the next couple of days.

...and in my case, I'm not the only one having fun on the TW!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts