TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm getting ready to order a 15 tooth C/S sprocket for my 2014.

Don't really care if it is OE or good aftermarket like JT, Sun, etc.
I'd rather order from eBay as I can usually find ship-fee (free is good!)

Any recommendations on the aftermarket ones?

Thanks for any words of wisdom!

EDIT: Any experience with PBI brand?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I put a PBI 15 tooth on my 2017 TW about 800 miles ago. Quality seems good - haven't had it long enough to know for sure but it seems as good as any. Runs great - feels like the TW was made to have a 15 C/S.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ordered...thanks!
$12.00 shipped.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice finish & USA made.

·
Registered
366 Posts
USA (pronounced Ooo Sa) is a small village in China.
Funny, I remember stories of a town in Japan named Usa back when "Made in Japan" was evil.

Seriously, though, are you guys just joking or is there some real reason to question where PBI sprockets are manufactured?

·
Registered
198 Posts
The company is located in Oregon, but for a company that has been in business for 40-years (or is it 30-years?*), it would be nice to see some “history!”

PBI SPROCKETS.COM.
Oregon 97124, USA

Phone: 5036456500
E-mail: [email protected]

Note two different years addressed on their About Us Page: http://www.pbisprockets.com/about-us.html

“The name you can Trust: You can put your trust in PBI Sprockets. We provide personal service and exceptional quality. We have been in business for over 40 years. Our unparalleled service, competitive prices, and overall value are why our loyal customers won't go anywhere else. See your local dealer and ask for PBI sprockets by name. We look forward to serving your sprocket needs.”

“Committed to providing you excellent service, so you always choose PBI for your sprocket needs. For over thirty years, Chris Products has built a solid reputation as one of the most trusted names in the motorcycle industry. Chris Products/PBI Sprockets is committed to providing quality service to the motorcycle market. Our company believes that building a reputation as an honest and reliable business is the recipe for success. While others seek to profit by cutting corners, or recommending unnecessary services to customers, Chris Products believes that a good reputation and consistent service will result in greater customer satisfaction. Chris Products has supplied the motorcycle aftermarket with quality replacement lighting products for decades and later acquired the manufacturing rights for the well known PBI sprocket brand..”

MAYBE IN BIZ 40 and making sprockets for 30-years?

No Google Maps photos either:
Chris Products INC
6110 Northeast Croeni Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
(503) 645-6500
https://goo.gl/maps/bVBp1YzBiwH2

But hey, end of the day, people are using these sprockets and having good results.
Carry on!

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've used PBI sprockets for years and have no issues with premature wear or poor spline fitment, as I have with some other cheap brands. Supersprox is my other go-to, but their catalog seems kind of spotty when you get into smaller/older bikes. I've had unreal life on a few sets of them on high power sportbikes- got like 40k miles on my Z1000 before the front started to be noticeably egging out (when the stock sprockets/chain were in worse shape at 15k miles).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts