TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

After removing the countershaft seal I noticed the bearing seemed a little "pushed in". Is this possible? I may have put some pressure on it while removing the seal.

Also, how do I get the new seal past the countershaft splines without ruining it?

Thanks

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Coat the seal and splines with clean oil, and be very careful.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Also see if you can't find some pvc or metal pipe of the correct size to act as a driver. That way the chances of installing the seal crooked is much reduced.

·
Registered
7,320 Posts
Your bearing looks OK to me. Don't worry about it.

Replace the outer seal too, along with the shift shaft seal. Do them all at once and be done with it.

I put Scotch Tape on my splines, covered with a little oil, and it slipped right on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your bearing looks OK to me. Don't worry about it.

Replace the outer seal too, along with the shift shaft seal. Do them all at once and be done with it.

I put Scotch Tape on my splines, covered with a little oil, and it slipped right on.

Thanks Tony, Scotch tape sounds like a good idea.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Thanks Tony, Scotch tape sounds like a good idea.
+2 on the Scotch tape. Sounds like a good idea. Tdub is leaking from one, maybe both of the countershaft seals. I have new seals, bearings, and gasket ready to go, and I've been waiting 6,500 miles for the chain and sprockets to wear out so I can replace everything at the same time.
Frickin o-ring chains never wear out when you need them to--only 25,000 miles or so on this chain and still going strong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts