TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm looking to take a ride across the country (Kenya) for the first time,and i want to use my 96 model t-dub with 15-50 sprocket ratio. am i bound to hurt it?the ride is about 350km.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm looking to take a ride across the country (Kenya) for the first time,and i want to use my 96 model t-dub with 15-50 sprocket ratio. am i bound to hurt it?the ride is about 350km.

I'm no expert on the realities of travel in Kenya (though I speak for many in that we look forward to reading about yours), but you'll hurt yourself before you'll hurt a well-maintained TW.

These are continuous, nonstop (aside from fuel stops) miles at wide open throttle on U.S. highways in 100F+ (38C) heat. 1677 of your kilometers. As far as the engine goes you won't hurt this bike, if that is your concern:

Please take lots of pictures of your trip and post them here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, invaluable advice there.guess i'll go for it. At ranges between 25-29c, the temp is way below 38, and it's pretty much open highway with a few trails along the way.Thanks, what speeds do you average?

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
That particular trip averaged around 58 mph, but it was an intentional nonstop with long stretches of 65+ and occasional stretches with climbs or headwinds where speeds were well below 55.

Hardly a "vacation". I gauge "vacations" by how SLOW my average speed is. lol. Just take reasonable measures to ensure that your tires and normal maintenence are up to date, carry enough tools for tire changes and the unforseen and enjoy the ride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts