TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is in the hills around Eugene/Springfield Oregon. Nice day for a ride. Only went 50 miles round trip. Nice to have great places to ride so close to my house!

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Good off-pavement rides can be hard for some of our members to find. You and I are some of the lucky ones. Thanks for the pictures, surely others, though envious, will certainly enjoy. Gerry

·
Registered
548 Posts
WOW, I so want to ride the hills again. I am a few hours north of you and have the same sort of terrain, but here is wet, windy, cold, and still some snow in the hills. Send some of that nice weather up this way could ya? I will post some pics first change I get, but thanks for sharing your ride with us.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it was a beautiful day, but that's changed now. It's raining again, but it's relatively warm still. In this picture, I-5 is down there somewhere in the distance. Pretty cool place. it's called Shotgun Creek.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Looks like a nice ride!

We used to 4wheel all around the trails at Shotgun Creek! Then it all got shut down. I've heard there are some good motorcycle trails down there now. We'll have to meet up for a ride sometime. We go on a lot of rides up into the hills outside of Salem.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like a nice ride!

We used to 4wheel all around the trails at Shotgun Creek! Then it all got shut down. I've heard there are some good motorcycle trails down there now. We'll have to meet up for a ride sometime. We go on a lot of rides up into the hills outside of Salem.

Sounds cool, as long as you're not a bunch of speed demons (as speedy as you can be on a tDub anyway) I like to ride and explore mostly. Where do you ride around Salem?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Sounds cool, as long as you're not a bunch of speed demons (as speedy as you can be on a tDub anyway) I like to ride and explore mostly. Where do you ride around Salem?

We are mostly just woods cruisers that like to explore & take in the sights. We go run harder trails from time to time (usually when we go with friends that are on bigger bikes: DRZ's and XR's). I enjoy exploring roads and trails that are less known and rarely traveled.

We ride in the hills to the East of Salem (from outside of Molalla and Silverton, etc.) Also like to ride the many forest service roads off of Hwy 22 (Santiam Canyon) between Mehama and Detroit Lake. And we ride in the coast range from time to time (TSF, Willamina, and Falls City).

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We are mostly just woods cruisers that like to explore & take in the sights. We go run harder trails from time to time (usually when we go with friends that are on bigger bikes: DRZ's and XR's). I enjoy exploring roads and trails that are less known and rarely traveled.

We ride in the hills to the East of Salem (from outside of Molalla and Silverton, etc.) Also like to ride the many forest service roads off of Hwy 22 (Santiam Canyon) between Mehama and Detroit Lake. And we ride in the coast range from time to time (TSF, Willamina, and Falls City).

Sounds like some interesting places that you ride. Next time you do a laid back ride let me know, I'm a bit of a noob on a bike.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Sounds like some interesting places that you ride. Next time you do a laid back ride let me know, I'm a bit of a noob on a bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts