TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, recon ride in Cow Mtn area, probably 3-4 hours. Scoping out trails for the first all day ride later after day light savings time for 2014.
Evan and I are in and committed, anyone else interested?

Plan on being in Ukiah by 9AM, or maybe a tad earlier if folks want to eat breakfast first.
Josh

·
Registered
385 Posts
I will be there in spirit.

If they ever get a transporter, I'd be able to leave this icecube world for a nice day ride. Have fun.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Uh-oh looks like three solid days of rain/freezing rain starting next Saturday in Ukiah. May need to move date?
Josh

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
yeah, saw forcast of rain for sunday. Will keep on eye on weather and see if it changes....

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Josh and Mike, the BLM has a web cam at the west side staging area. Currently there is a little bit of snow on the ground. I thought there would be more than there is. The higher areas around here had a few inches yesterday. I wish I could join you.

Joe

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Tommy, as I am sure you have noticed, I am a bit tech challenged. I found it by looking up BLM Cow Mountain. If you find it, please attach a link. Thanks,

tech challenged Joemama

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
thanks guys. pretty cool they have a web cam. Good to know they are closed after a storm (like close by stonyford ohv). A few years back my next door neighbor was getting his truck loaded with a few dirtbikes to go riding at stonyford with his father in law. I was walking my dogs by and mentioned they just had a storm in that area (a few hour drive from woodland) and had he checked with ranger station. His response was "they never close....During my walk I called the ranger station (was on contacts list on phone). Yep, closed! . Went by again at end of walk and told them. Funny watching their jaws drop....lol. We all had a good laugh and then I directed them to Foresthill ohv (other direction) which was open. Talked to him a few days later and he wiped out in the slick mud and bloodied his leg..... but he still thanked my for saving them a wasted drive and giving them a new place to ride. Call before you haul!!!!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Storm predicted Thursday and bigger 2nd storm Saturday and sunday. Looks like going to have to cancel sunday ride.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
@Evan Too funny just sent you a PM saying roughly the same thing. Even if they didn't close Cow Mtn (which they likely would) it would be very sloppy.
Should we try for the Saturday Feb 15th?
Josh
edit: oh fiddle sticks (when was the last time you heard that?) Just looked at the long range forecast and it is showing rain in Ukiah on Thursday & Friday of next week as well.
Maybe 22nd?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
LOL, I'll pencil in sat the 15th just in case the weather forecast changes and will also pencil in the 22th. Funny how we have this record setting dry spell where could have ridden but now that were trying to find a day to scout cow mountain it keeps raining....

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
from the looks of it you need 40ft of rain in california. Sure hope you get a good soaking. They might shut down activities in the outback if it gets to dry. They do up here.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
i'd be in for the 15th, but the 22nd i'm off to disneyland. hoping to see russell wilson i guess.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I'm still good for the 15th but GF informed me that we have plans on the 22.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts