TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so in preparation for the next group ride I'm planning wanted to check out Cow Mtn in Ukiah. Still no rain in the forecast and next Saturday looks to be the coldest day there with highs predicted at 67 degrees. Planning for a 3-4 hour ride instead of the normal 8-9 hour fest :D
Anyone from the usual suspects interested? Planning on driving up early on Saturday so we on the trail by 9 or 10 and still back in time for dinner.
Josh

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Bahl dee from Boonville!

I'm still having too many issues with the back to join you. It should be a GREAT day for a ride out there, the weather has been absolutely beautiful here. Tee shirt weather! A jacket, & a sweat shirt should be good.

Josh, hope you can get a couple of folks to join you. m.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Josh, wish I could join in, but after considerable time off in Nov. and Dec. I am getting hammered with OT this month. Let us know what you think of Cow Mountain.

Joe

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I guess I could put off my bathroom repairs for another week...lol. Sunday will be watching the Niners kick some Seachicken ass. Ok, the weather just looks too nice to pass on this ride. I'm in!! who else? This is prime Calfornia winter riding!!! (Joe, Are you sure you don't feel a cold coming on that would force you to take Saturday off from work?)

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
9am sounds good. Breakfast and start riding about 9:30-10am? sun will have been up for a few hours so hopefully won't be too cold at start of ride. So meet at Jensens truck stop?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wasn't sure if you just want to meet at Westside staging for Cow Mtn Recreation area since it is only the two of us?
http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/ca/pdf/pdfs/ukiah_pdfs.Par.b7b72dfe.File.dat/South_Cow_Mtn.pdf

westside staging area.png
Directions
From Ukiah, take State Highway 101 to the Talmage Road exit. Go east on Talmage Road about 1.5 miles. Turn right at Old River Road. and proceed 0.3 miles to Mill Creek Road. Turn left on Mill Creek Road and continue east 6 miles to entrance to South Cow Mountain.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
okay. meet you at south cow mountain entrance at 9. I'm not bringing extra fuel. (need to get another koplin tank, old one is leaking). Are you going to have your extra fuel tank?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, but thinking for 3-4 hours of riding we should be fine. I'm bringing a different bike that only holds 2.2 gallons. I can bring some extra gas in a 5 gallon can and leave it with the cars in the staging area if need be.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I think your right about not needing extra fuel. See you there for Cow mountain recon ride! Anyone else? Looks like its going to be very nice mid 60's sunny day. Will bring my camera so can make everyone in the cold areas jealous with our tee shirts and jeans riding weather.......

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Eagerly awaiting a report!! BTW, I got very brave, geared up, & took the first ride I have been on since April 2013!! About 20 miles mixed, between blacktop & dirt roads, & one skid trail to check on a water tank... Ant it's 72 degrees f in the shade on my back porch! Crazy weather. Need rain BAD!! Can't go mudd'n, eating radioactive dungeness crab instead. :cool: Bahl Ride'n all, m.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had to postpone ride, wife came down with the flu and I needed to watch my daughter. Hopefully next Sat.
@mike glad to hear you are getting some riding in. Crazy winter( spring) we are having. We seem to be breaking records every week/.
josh

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Had Tw loaded and ready. Got working again on my bathroom remodel and next thing I knew it was noon. Decided to take my warrior 350 sport quad to local (dry) creek bed instead. Fun blasting down creek in jeans and tee shirt in mid Jan. Usually at this time the creek would be flowing and not rideable. Saw 4 other quad riders and 2 3wheelers. Guess I wasn't the only one enjoying this sunny CA weather. Can't next Saturday Josh but free sunday.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts