TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a good carb body for sale? Mine is cracked. That's why it's running so lean.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's too bad to patch. Anyone have one? It's an 89 btw.

·
Registered
20,210 Posts
:( Bummer. If you are committed to replacement and can accept a little temporary red-neck repair you can always goop- up the old one with RTV silicone and keep riding until a replacement carb is at hand.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:( Bummer. If you are committed to replacement and can accept a little temporary red-neck repair you can always goop- up the old one with RTV silicone and keep riding until a replacement carb is at hand.
Sure is. I'm just going to get a carb off of eBay. There is a nice one I'm looking at. I'm not even on the tw anyone. Just preparing it for a family member. No worries, the forum is still home. And I plan on buying another TW someday.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I would be interested in seeing where the crack is and learning how it got cracked. I have seen a few that had the float posts broke off and a couple that had a corner of the float bowl broken but never have see a cracked body.

GaryL

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
I'd buy the $24 China carb off ebay I've used 2 of those this week on BW200's and they worked fantastic! I then sold the old dirty oem carbs on ebay for $125 each
PL, did you use the stock BW throttle housing and cable without modification?

jb

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll show you guys once I see it. I'm picking it up tomorrow

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
yes the BW uses the single cable spring return so it's 100% bolt in. The TW requires a little throttle cable conversion work but well worth the effort and not much expense
That's what has me confused. I purchased a throttle cable for a BW200, along with an aftermarket single pull throttle housing. It still wasn't "plug and play". There wasn't enough unsheathed cable for it to work without modification.

jb

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
That's what has me confused. I purchased a throttle cable for a BW200, along with an aftermarket single pull throttle housing. It still wasn't "plug and play". There wasn't enough unsheathed cable for it to work without modification.

jb
All I had to do was use the curved throttle cable guide that cam with the china carb and it worked perfect the final cable adjustment was almost exactly the same as the stock carb

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
All I had to do was use the curved throttle cable guide that cam with the china carb and it worked perfect the final cable adjustment was almost exactly the same as the stock carb
Used the curved guide also...no luck. Had to cut off more cable sheathing to get it to fit.

jb

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alright guys, turns out the stealership wanted to murder me and say that I needed a new carburetor. No. It's just the float bowl!!! Wow. The idle screw part broke off they said. They charged nothing.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Alright guys, turns out the stealership wanted to murder me and say that I needed a new carburetor. No. It's just the float bowl!!! Wow. The idle screw part broke off they said. They charged nothing.
You probably found out already that the float bowl isn't available as a separate part.

Might be a good time to experiment with that Chinese carb.

jb

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
An awesome forum member is selling me a bowl.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My cheap Chinese ebay carb continues to work flawlessly on my '89 after over a year. Down right pleasant, after all the great gnashing of teeth and hair pulling with the stock carb.
cnc200
How is the install? And can you post a link? I can't find one

1 - 20 of 21 Posts