1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Gee, that's a bargain...

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I would bet if he gave you all that stuff for free you would have more than $2500 in this project just to get one XT 500 worth riding. For a winter project I do hope this guy lives somewhere near the Arctic Circle. We should get this guy in touch with the Ebay seller who sell all those great and completely hosed used TW parts for more than new ones cost. Oh Wait! Could be the same guy.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I got a similar reply from a local guy here on CL. He advertises a TTR225 for sale and the picture is clearly an XT225. I let him know he was showing the wrong bike or had it list wrong and got told the same as TWilight was told. Oh Well, you just can't help some people because we can't fix Stupid.

GaryL

·
Registered
762 Posts
His reply to my..........."Hello, and thank you very much for your offer. Now, please go f*ck yourself." :eek:

The audacity of the swindler :rolleyes:

Maybe....we should have 10 or 20 others on this forum respond to his CL ad...and each offer him $ 250.00 for all his crap. :smileinbox:
Mmmm...no.

Let him stew. NO ONE is going to buy that cartload of trash. NO ONE. Anyone who knows enough to assemble it will know it's going to cost more than the finished result is worth.

I'd let him stew. Save the ad; and then once it disappears, send another offer, with another name. Same price.

Betcha he takes it, then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts