·
Registered
4,473 Posts
BS Alert Tommy...:eek: {unless I miss my guess....lol}

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad you are ok. At least you aren't ending up with "another" artificial knee. Is the bike ok?
Bike is ok Tommy funny thing is I have never had knee surgery l know the x-ray is small but look a little closer. :satellite:

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
LOL, I missed it too.....

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Z, its not nice to pull our leg like that, you had Tommy and me worried.
Jut don't ask us to pull that third leg, thats for all those lady-friends of yours.
Darn bank walkers!
And Z....don't we whipping that "Leg" out at Moab in March....we dont' want to see it....:dispirited:

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Good one. Do any of you remember the Sears Catalog that came out in the late 60s that was similar.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The only thing I can remember looking at was sears and wards was at the mini bikes and go carts and never got one.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
The only thing I can remember looking at was sears and wards was at the mini bikes and go carts and never got one.
We picked all our toys from those catalogs. My favorite was the 22 lever action rifle from the Wards Catalog

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
We picked all our toys from those catalogs. My favorite was the 22 lever action rifle from the Wards Catalog
I have that Montgomery Wards lever action but in .22 Mag. Actually made by Marlin for wards. Outstandingly accurate and the lever has the shortest pull I have ever seen. Model 57 I think but will have to check the Wards number.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
That's interesting. I would like to know the model. As I remember, no rifles were chambered for it until sometime in the '60's. I always liked the cartridge, although as a boy, my "big rifle" was a .22 hornet.
Small misquote! Mine is a JC Higgin's Model 44 DLM but made by Marlin which called it a model 57 in .22LR and a 57M in the magnum. Yes, absolutely a 1960s vintage rifle.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
That's a good looking well cared for rifle. I had a JC Higgins shotgun when I was a kid. If memory serves, it was a Sears house brand.
Yup! Back in those days gun manufacturers would re label various guns for Sears, Wards, Western Auto and some other catalog stores. Same guns but usually with lower grade stocks. Mine is a survivor and my brother has the Marlin 57 in 22LR that is identical in every way except 2 inches shorter. They were dubbed the "Levermatic". I have proved it many times at 50 yards a quarter takes three shots and three hits and the magnum will reach out pretty nice up to 100 yards with no change in hold or scope settings. I am betting at 100 yards I could fix Zs third leg so it was not so much of a burden!:p

GL

1 - 20 of 67 Posts