TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Okay LT, what's up? not yet a peep from you about your CRF. I would enjoy a compare and contrast TW and CRF from a guy who is a certified TW wing nut like you. Anything to reveal? Thx for your contributions to this forum. Have you joined a CRF forum?

'13 TW200

A.T.

Super Moderator
haha Bentley, you're funny bro. I've ridden it a couple hundred miles now. Mostly though, I've been waiting on the paperwork for it to get it registered, but took care of that Wednesday. It's a good little bike, but you can't really compare them to a TW. It handles totally different. I did have to make some modifications on it to be able to get on and off it comfortably. It got lowered an inch and three quarters in the rear and an inch in the front, so had to get an adjustable kickstand for it to work for me after lowering it. I've added a small rally windshield and it has had a Gorilla alarm installed. I also had to take off the passenger hand strap on the seat, it hurt my hips sitting on it and I don't plan on hauling anyone. It has a small strap on bag on the bars and I plan to add a small collapsible tail bag for when I'm out and about and need to grab something little at the store, other than that, I'm done with it. It's a nice bike, responsive and handles well. Its an ok bike right out of the box (for the street). If I was still able to ride off road, I'd change the front sprocket to a smaller one and do some airbox mods. I like the fuel injection and it's dependable as all git out. Only thing I don't like is the tension required to hold the throttle on. My hands go numb and cramp up fast. I added some Grip-Puppies, that helped a little. All in all, a sweet little bike, and I'll keep it a while, but it will be the next bike to go, I just find the scooter so much easier to ride. It's effortless and so easy to just hop on and go... :eek:nthego:

Registered
Does LT stand for Lousy Traitor?????? lololol Everybody needs more bikes! I am thinking about selling my '99 TW to help finance a 350 dual sport. I would like a nineties DR350 or an XT350. There's' a Honda 650 locally for a little under three grand, but that's maybe a little much for a kick start only bike. I don't know how anybody survives without at least one TW. Kinda like a pickup truck, I don't want to be without one. hahaha

Super Moderator
Lousy Traitor..haha haha!! Good luck with your search Tom!!
Does LT stand for Lousy Traitor?????? lololol Everybody needs more bikes! I am thinking about selling my '99 TW to help finance a 350 dual sport. I would like a nineties DR350 or an XT350. There's' a Honda 650 locally for a little under three grand, but that's maybe a little much for a kick start only bike. I don't know how anybody survives without at least one TW. Kinda like a pickup truck, I don't want to be without one. hahaha

Registered
Hahahaha!!!!!! I must keep my '87 TW. MUST KEEP IT! I'm glad yours went to a good home.

Registered
A friend in southern England has a CRF230L and is happy with it, but he also had some seat height issues.
He liked the Yamaha XL250, but it was not available to him there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts