TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I try to "soften my heart" a little, lol...maybe I'm just being overly paranoid, I tell myself; maybe it's not actually that big of a deal and not really that common, I say. But then it gets reconfirmed, and I get pissed off again. The owner of the bike in the video below had 3 complete failures and then went to a manual tensioner (I hate those even more than the failure-prone OEM units; they are NOT a solution AT ALL, IMO! I am absolutely not a fan of those Krieger kits: kudos to the guy for trying, but they're no better than OEM!). Yea, this is a rant...I want a perfect world, lol.

I just can't wrap my head around why a massive company like Honda can't get it together and just build a tensioner that isn't a useless piece of shit. It can't possibly be that damn difficult. CBRs, CRFs, NCs...20+ years and still we get failing tensioners. WTF!? Seriously Honda!?!? :mad: Of course it isn't just with Honda, or just with tensioners. I hate that a lot of motorcycle parts in general are often built with such shoddy quality control and/or poor engineering/design flaws. Plastic oil pump gears in the Beta four strokes, for example (spec'd for replacement every 80 hours...that's every THREE THOUSAND MILES, CONSERVATIVELY! But at least they can be replaced with metal gears). I mean...really!? So ends this particular obligatory occasional rant against motorcycle quality.

·
Super Moderator
4,047 Posts
Time to get a good old reliable t-dub again.

·
Super Moderator
4,047 Posts
I hear you though. That crap drives me nuts..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts