TW200 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got out last Friday for a bit of a trail ride. With a 3 month old and a 3 year old at home getting away for a ride is difficult these days. So when I had some time I was damned if I was going to miss the ride. That’s why when I slipped throwing some scrap metal at work and pinched my finger I made the decision that it was not to bad and headed out to the trails. And to be honest it didn’t seem to bad.

As the riding got more difficult I found fine clutch control to be a bit more difficult and kept stalling. But it wasent till I decided to stop for lunch and realized how swollen my hand got that I realized I may have hurt it a bit more than I thought. I rode home and iced my hand getting swelling down some. The next day my docs advised going to emerg to have trapped blood drained from under the nail and xrays. Turns out a fractured the finger from last knuckle forward. So just a splint and some tape no big deal lol.

Really happy with the bike. It’s a good middle ground between the DRZ400 and the TW200 I have owned in the past. Easier to handle in trails and sand than the DRZ (feels lighter even though it’s not) with a much better turning circle than the 400.

Off road the TW was a beast for the tuff slow stuff but didn’t have the power to get on top of sand and on road really suffered for my 30km commute at 90km/hr carrying my 260lbs self. This bike makes that a much easier endeavour and allows my to just ride to the trails 100+kms away rather than loading up the trailer all the time. Also having a bit more ground clearance is nice as is the fuel injection and 6th gear. It’s not a replacement for the TW by any means as the TW is pretty unique and I will miss mine, it took me places I not so sure I could manage on any other machines. But for my needs I think the Crf250l is just a better fit.

·
Super Moderator
18,168 Posts
Bummer on the finger bro, I hope it gets better soon.

Want another one?

Reactions: TW-Brian
1 - 2 of 2 Posts