TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tim asked if I wanted to do a moderate ride (75 miles pretty easy and we'd have lunch half way). I said sure, I hadn't ridden in over a year and firgured it'd be fun. Well, that 75 became 115. On fumes, jagged rock wash for 20/25 miles and getting back at sunset ended a Sunday with a smile from ear to ear.

The ride was a blast. The trails were more slippery than ice with my tires at 40psi, and still real slippery at 9psi. I had several saves and the lunch was great, company was classic and I couldn't sit down for about 5 days.

But nothing beats a fun day on the TDub. I do however know that progressive springs on the front and a stiffer blaster spring on the rear are high on the priority for my rear. The bike ran great and the weather, lunch and day were near perfect.

GOOD TIMES !!

Just for the effect

The lookout tower. It gave a beautiful view 40ft. up and swayed pretty good with high winds.

Looking east towards the I-17

The little beast held her own just fine against the WR 250 and the Can Am 550.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Nice pics with some great views! Sounds like you had a very enjoyable ride. Does Crown King refer to a the lookout tower, mountain, mine, or ? Thanks for taking us along.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
brock,

your bike looks better with a little bit of trail make up.... it was too darn clean! nice ride

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Joe. The ride was a blast. But I will offer my 99 cents and say that seat is not good for 115 miles on off road after a year of NOT riding at all...I hurt for 4 days.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Thanks Joe. The ride was a blast. But I will offer my 99 cents and say that seat is not good for 115 miles on off road after a year of NOT riding at all...I hurt for 4 days.

brock...... i think that's called "age"

i was surprised the sheet iron 150, didn't wear me out more.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I hurt that long just getting out of bed................... OMM.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think my TDub would work PERFECT for someone 165-175. The springs are a bit soft as hard as I was hitting the triples.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Dang! I wanted to do Crown King from Pleasant Lake when I was down there in February, but when it snowed 1" in Apache Jct., I decided it might be a little too early!

·
Registered
976 Posts
I just can't get over your tall-boy TW!

Looks like some fun riding up your way, I've gotta start pushing my riding territory North a little bit.

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
I've seen lots of ride reports over on Advrider of folks riding to Crown King. Looks like a fun area to ride too, and if I ever got down that way with the TW, I'd do it.

Are you pointing to the lookout tower or Superman? ha ha

By the smile on your face, I'd say you had fun. . . way to go!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Great thread on the crown king ride. It is a great ride from Lake Pleasant and I would like to know if anyone would be interested in meeting at the LP marina and riding to CK and back. Possibly Saturday May 18th or Sunday May 19th. There is another way we could take back and go by Castle Hot Springs. It is a fairly easy ride and about 75 mi round trip. Thanks and hope to meet other T-dubbers. Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts