·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
634 Posts
That's an interesting take on things. I definitely prefer the lack of headlight obstruction, such as is unfortunately found on the cycleracks front rack.

The cradle aspect on yours is fascinating. Why did you choose to do that vs a 90* bend or similar?

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
I really like this design! I'll take one ASAP. :D

No seriously. Where do I send my money???

Tom

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
That looks really good and the practicality of it being out of the way of the headlamp as well as adding protection makes it a great design. You are on to something!

When I'm not running bags on my 1969 r60/2 I add a folding Denfeld rack to the rear. Like your design it was meant to be out of the way of any lighting, in this case the tail light.
And also affords some additional protection to the rear of the bike if it was to fall over, great "makes sense" attachment points. In this case it is round-stock that clamshells open and closed depending on need.
Same design since the 1950's.

IMG_3257.JPG

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
A TW Brushguard. Oh, I suppose you mean to use it as you state (storage), but it looks like it would protect the headlight area as well. Cool stuff people come up with.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! It actually is 90 but to the angle of the front plastic, I did that to allow the headlight beam to more fully disperse as well as provide better vision around the front wheel while standing. The "ball cap" design would not allow light to travel up and out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"Beer Transportation" is actually priority #3 in the design protocol. "Look WICKED" constitutes #1 and #2, #4 is "works well".:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really like this design! I'll take one ASAP. :D

No seriously. Where do I send my money???

Tom
Let me work out the kinks first, but I think I might do a run of these especially if other folks want one too!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alright ill bite. what are ya using to bend the square tubing?
I fed it to my "baby" Wilton...
IMG_1748.JPG
(I've no idea why this won't post upright..) note other jigs in back ground.
Super-high-tech pipe welded to 16 gauge protective sleeve- note sloppy register mark.
IMG_1724.JPG
I then shot it.... with both mah gunz...
muscles.gif

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That looks really good and the practicality of it being out of the way of the headlamp as well as adding protection makes it a great design. You are on to something!

When I'm not running bags on my 1969 r60/2 I add a folding Denfeld rack to the rear. Like your design it was meant to be out of the way of any lighting, in this case the tail light.
And also affords some additional protection to the rear of the bike if it was to fall over, great "makes sense" attachment points. In this case it is round-stock that clamshells open and closed depending on need.
Same design since the 1950's.

View attachment 104482
That is a sexy scooter! I actually thought about a scissor mount to fold down. I am planning on building a bunch of different variations, that idea has to go on the list!

·
Registered
416 Posts
That is some nice work, KRLtraitor! I like your ingenuity! I'm looking forward to seeing what other "goodies" you have in mind!

By any chance, you want to build some bolt on case guards that fit a Ricochet skid plate? ;) ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nice work! Looks much more useful than the other front luggage racks currently on the market.

Evening everyone!
Here is the first version of my front rack research project. I love the front rack idea but wanted to give it a little more protective role and not obstruct any light. Stay tuned for other cool goodies.... I am also considering posting a poor-mans rack building guide if there is interest.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts