TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold both of my TWs and will not be riding any time in the near future.

Me and member Gregor spent an entire day in his shop designing, cutting, welding and making this great dog carrier.

It is 3/16 inch diamond plate aluminum with all seams professionally welded and specifically designed to fit right on to a cycle rack that is the flat type with no hump. Takes just a few minutes to get on or off. The inside is completely lined with half in foam so your dog has comfort and the top edge is also protected with foam where his/her head would rest. I designed a harness system that allows the dog free movement but will not allow it to jump up or stand while moving. Comes with it! My dog is a Brittany that weighs between 45-50 pounds and it fits her perfect. I never know she is there because the weight is right where a passenger would be. A lot of time and effort went into this project and it gives the dog as much protection as we could figure.

Would like to get $200 + Shipping and you won't find a nicer, stronger carrier unless you do it yourself, aluminum and welding is not cheap! I can provide exact size and weight if necessary.

Contact me through PM if interested.

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
I bet she miss's her rides Gary...

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
That's a work of art Gary! Too bad our pup is afraid of my TW... I don't think my wife would let me take her anyway... And, I have the hump on my CycleRack... Otherwise, I'd be VERY tempted.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a work of art Gary! Too bad our pup is afraid of my TW... I don't think my wife would let me take her anyway... And, I have the hump on my CycleRack... Otherwise, I'd be VERY tempted.
Tommy, she rides in everything I ride in so it won't matter much. Car, truck, RZR, lawn tractor, boat, kayak and MCs. Her 2 favorite words are Ride and Bed followed closely by Din Din and Treat!

rbm, I don't do afraid where dogs are concerned. They either learn to swim or sink and the same goes for wife's:p

GaryL

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hopefully you made better choices! I bought all of mine nice houses!

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
Dogs are precious and great companions. Mine wants to go everywhere too! You got it pretty well covered so she will still get her rides! +1

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Such a rebel!
She is a dog and at 60 MPH she wants her head out the window in the car so I never pushed the helmet/doogles thing because she hated them. Unlike the Admirals dog I was never able to trust her hanging on so instead I strapped her in and she loves it.

GL

·
Registered
667 Posts
That's a sweet setup. But I think between my 295 lbs and my shepherd collie mix's 76 lbs we'd be asking for trouble :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Never gave any thought to carrying my dog, but did get concerned about weight distribution. Here's a couple of thoughts; seems the likely hood of you dog haulers already having a Cycle Rack in place is high, might I suggest a 'foldover' extension that utilizes some portion of the rear seat. This would enable the dog to move closer to center rather than further back. If you are pretty much a solo rider, but would like to bring your dog along routinely, give some thought to converting over to a solo seat. Simple, inexpensive and comfortable with a pad. Gerry

BEFORE

AFTER

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Excellent points Gerry! When I was designing my box I messed around a lot with the weight distribution similar to how you did. I also installed the 19Kg rear spring from Pro Cycle that made a huge difference. I could have moved my box a little further forward but by doing so it made mounting and dismounting for me a lot harder plus the fact I like to sit up pretty straight while just poking along and my back had just a few inches before it hit the box. I fastened a 2 inch thick foam pad between the box and my back and it was perfect. On the trails I did have to move myself forward on the seat to offset the weight and keep more weight on the front wheel. With the dog on board I only ever rode back roads and seasonal use roads that were very mild trails leading to fishing spots. I also had the dog harnessed in so she could not stand up and could only go as high as a sit position so it was almost the same as having a passenger behind me.

GaryL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts