TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I have done some minor mods to my 2007 tw 200. Changed out all my plastics to black, shortened my seat, round headlight mod and now I have picked up a second tank and want to do a custom paint job on it. I am thinking maybe black and white. Maybe black with white coves on the sides and a white racing stripe across the top or maybe reverse of that. Anyone else out there have a custom painted tank and if so please post pics. P.S. YES I have held on to all my original parts in case I ever want to go back to totally stock.

Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Okay so I have done some minor mods to my 2007 tw 200. Changed out all my plastics to black, shortened my seat, round headlight mod and now I have picked up a second tank and want to do a custom paint job on it. I am thinking maybe black and white. Maybe black with white coves on the sides and a white racing stripe across the top or maybe reverse of that. Anyone else out there have a custom painted tank and if so please post pics. P.S. YES I have held on to all my original parts in case I ever want to go back to totally stock.

Thanks

Hi Huss,

I just recently sprayed my tank and front guard with black roll cage paint (heat and chemical resistant) and it worked a treat, a nice satin finish- below is before and after

and after

·
Registered
98 Posts
Okay so here is where I am so far with a picture. Shortened seat and covered all black. Changed out all plastics from the blue to black, round headlight....and now I want ideas for my tank. I am thinking white on black or black on white... Any suggestions?

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz157/mhussnatter/IMG_7142.jpg

You mean safari style zebra stripe? I've always wanted to do that to a truck. OK I'm weird. anyhow ... I saw this done to a Kawasaki Ninja using lime green and electric blue instead of the traditional black and white. It actually looked cool.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Okay so here is where I am so far with a picture. Shortened seat and covered all black. Changed out all plastics from the blue to black, round headlight....and now I want ideas for my tank. I am thinking white on black or black on white... Any suggestions?

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz157/mhussnatter/IMG_7142.jpg

Hi Huss,

Black with the white Yamaha star.

How did you do your seat (shorten & color)? I am not happy with mine.

Any more mods to come?

Adam,

·
Registered
184 Posts
I shortened my seat by cutting 6 inches off the front of the plastic pan and left enough foam to go over the cut end so the new seat cover material would not get cut by the plastic when wrapped and restapled.

·
Registered
522 Posts
My tank, spray painted in a couple of hours, with home made stickers... (now ruined by gas spills, but not too badly
)

·
Registered
323 Posts
I had mine powder coated black, and then found some Yamaha emblems on eBay to match.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts