TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a hobby I design and develop parts for my motorcycles then make them available for sale.

I am thinking about desiging a plastic molded interior fender for the T-Dub that will fit under the rear fender.

My plan is to develop a system that would allow the seat to come off with a key lock. Then under the seat would be this

depression formed into the plastic fender liner providing more storage and a liner to keep mud and water from hitting the underside

of the seat pan in that area.

I think there is enough room for a shallow pan to set under the seat and provide this fender liner.

I've had some requests for a rear fender liner to be made for the T-Dubs.

Is anyone on this forum interested in this idea? Do you have any requests or thoughts along these lines?

I am always open to ideas.

Also, if you have any other items you might want for the T-Dub that we can machine in Aluminum or mold in plastic

please let me know.

I will take the month of December to come up with some new ideas and post them on the forum for feedback.

My email direct is [email protected]

You can see some of the items I make for the Suzuki Boulevard M50 and M90 on my website at www.shape-master.com

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yes sir...

It would be nice to have a water resistant nook to store registration and insurance card without exposure to elements. The only other concern I'd have is rear wheel articulation UNDER the seat storage box.

For me, this has been a concern for sometime as I had years ago spent many riding hours on a vespa scooter overseas. Honestly its the ease of abundant storage options that make scooters so attractive. Having such horribly bad road and highway conditions here in my community, the TW's over-sized tires actually assist in absorbing such calamitous pot-holes and the like. I have read within these forums where other owners have installed Panners in addition to various box's atop the numerous racks available. This... at least for me, is the very reason I have selected the TW as my future runabout.

Any amount of additional storage would be a welcome addition.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
PTFE skidplate.

Make mine in O.D. green, please.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi

I think a brake disc and caliper guard would be a good idea.

I haven't spent any time researching what might fit like YZ80 etc, so check first, don't want to waste your time Ken.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the ideas.

A skidplate and an engine guard are on my list too.

The Caliper disc protector is something I should look at.

Keep the ideas coming.

Ken

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Hi

I think a brake disc and caliper guard would be a good idea.

I haven't spent any time researching what might fit like YZ80 etc, so check first, don't want to waste your time Ken.

I know that it is plastic...but I put this on my T dub and feel like it really improves the look a lot. Of course, I am aiming to keep it looking more like an off road t dub than a road t dub.

·
Registered
13,915 Posts
What about bigger footpegs? Gotta be a big market for that as so many of us have sent off to China and other parts beyond for them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd like to see a nice simple bolt-on kit that allows the removal of the back piece that holds the taillights & blinkers, to be bolted right up under the seat. It'll give the appearance of a longer swingarm

Another subtle but cool thing IMO would be fork boots & grips that have similar/matching pattern. Never seen THAT before. ...

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts