TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
001.jpeg

Looking to sell one of my bikes ahead of another build project I have planned.

Here is everything you need to know about "IronClad," my custom street-tracker style TW.

IronClad began life as a NEW 2013 Yamaha TW200. Mechanically it's un-messed with. Dealer maintained and as perfect as they come.

It doesn't matter if I'm stopping at a gas station, motorcycle shop of coffee place, every biker wants to have a look at this bike. They all ask what it is, whether it's vintage or new (it's new and reliable with the best vintage looks), and whether they could get one made. Everyone loves it.

This TW200 received a full makeover. Fully redone to show off the bare aluminum and steel she's made of, IronClad boasts custom fenders which have been clear powder-coated for longevity and a beautiful custom clear coated tank with lettering.

The airbox has been replaced with K&N filters for that cleaner frame-through look. I've also cleaned up the front end and decluttered the handlebars. The whole thing is finished off with custom aluminum turn signals, matte-black headlight and aftermarket electrical box and high-end lithium battery.

It's clean, like new, and I'm the only owner. I can't say enough great things about this bike. I just need to make room for another project, or there's no way I would be selling it. Asking $5500.

002.jpeg
003.jpeg
005.jpeg
006.jpeg

·
Registered
807 Posts
It is very nice. Problem is, the TW in a niche bike. A heavily modded TW (even a tastefully modded one) is a niche within a niche. Your chances on finding the one of two people on the planet that would pay $5500 for that bike are going to be pretty slim. Now Im not slamming the bike, its nice, Im just being a realist. But if you are able to sell it for that price I have a job waiting for you in my company :)

·
Registered
908 Posts
Ya, but. . . this was the first "hollow mod" that made see what I like about the TW200. It reminds me of the Hodaka Ace 90/100s with its minimalist tube frames, etc. The TW goes one better with the "new arm" swing-arm rear. It just makes it better!

I have a "basket case" Hodaka 100 with a rebuilt engine. I think it needs to see the road, one more time.

Pixs to come. I hope.

·
Registered
545 Posts
WOW..... I LOVE IT ......Beautiful, job well done :D

·
Registered
330 Posts
Oh, I am sad to see that sell for only $ 4350.00. It is a B E A utiful bike. My other 2013.....the one I am buying the new 2014 to replace...is still in the hands of my fabricator, wherein he and I are working to install the SR400 engine and all electronics for the SR400. I "was" hoping it would be done in time for Moab this year, but...probably not. When done, it will look very close to this IronClad bike, but with very wide...Street tires..fore and aft.

Mike :hello:
I am very excited to see this!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts