TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find a place to post these pictures so I decided to start a new thread.

Post pictures of customized TW's whether you like it or not...

Your own or not...

Don't get offended if we "critique" the build

Custom-Yamaha-TW125-7-1024x728.jpg

Custom-Yamaha-TW125-8-1024x587.jpg

Yamaha-TW-125-Custom-9.jpg

More HERE

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
A lot to like there. Really like the old amp meter and the extra sprocket chain guide. I don’t see an oil cooler, probably get roasted nuts with every ride. But pretty cool look and looks like great craftsmanship.

+1 This thread is a good idea

·
Registered
19,557 Posts
Hard to critique the build of this nice model's rack and seat here.. seat warmer.jpg

Yamaha officially teased us with this concept bike a few years ago. concept 2.jpg

Yamaha never did come out with the high capacity Safari-TW Hybrid Van-a-Bike model, something about the CycleRack quick coupler I hear. cycleracks-com-dr200-rack-2-602-x-452.jpg

Custom flat trackers make for a good look, like a competitive Bobber. flat reacker.jpg

Elegant bobbers abound retro.jpg

But me? I like to roll around in the dirt so a functional TW gets my attention. Wonder where this guy has his picture being taken? ;) north pole.jpg
Hint: He didn't make it to the South Pole after this successful trip

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
The first image...

It looks nice in a picture, but it also looks like some added weight and lower ground clearance. The framing on the front forks and swing arm seems more aesthetic I'm guessing the suspension is tighter as to not bottom out? Where does the air cooled engine get air from? Unless the upper side fairings channels air down into the engine. Practicality aside it looks like some serious craftsmanship and details worth looking at the link above. Overall I applaud the effort.

That TW/TY250 hybrid that went to the North Pole is awesome..I would love to see more of them made.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
The first i,age...

It looks nice in a picture, but it also looks like some added weight and lower ground clearance. The framing on the front forks and swing arm seems more aesthetic I'm guessing the suspension is tighter as to not bottom out? Where does the air cooled engine get air from? Unless the upper side fairings channels air down into the engine. Practicality aside it looks like some serious craftsmanship and details worth looking at the link above. Overall I applaud the effort.

That TW/TY250 hybrid that went to the North Pole is awesome..I would love to see more of them made.
Your more impressive with each post.. ;)

You should write for a motorcycle magazine. I'm not sure what it is but your posts always seem to have something worth reading in them. You live motorcycle don't you..?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, honest admission is that this is a Suzuki VanVan 125, but it is a clone of the TW so I figure it fits:

Suzuki-VanVan-125-Tracker-8-1024x682.jpg Suzuki-VanVan-125-Tracker-7-1024x682.jpg

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I like the Tank Bike, it is what it is and it ain't what it aint!
Love the Ohlins suspension! I can't afford Ohlins anymore, now that I'm retired...but I'm now upgrading the TW front & rear with the best stuff I can afford.
I'm also installing the same tires this bike has...the new-ish Dunlop K180 "Flat Track" tires. I *finally* found a set!
These are the OE tires on the new Suzuki Vann Vann...and I heard a rumor that new TW200s will have them?

This will be a cool thread!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Hey, there's my new tires...again!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts