TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres my 93' yamaha tw200. i completely rebuilt it.......... i know its supposed to be a dual sport hey oh well.. what do you guys think?

[/img]

[/img]

·
Registered
522 Posts
Well... there's not much TW200 left there is it

I must say I'm not a fan of lowriders, but there's a lot of work there and the white rims look great!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its only 2" less ground clearance. it just looks lower because the i dropped the seat way down. you sit on it like you sit on the toilet haha. and the bike is about 8" longer now too. the only things not tw are the seat frame and tank

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
We all have our likes and preferences, but the great thing about this forum and we can all see the creativity of our members.

The bikes have some great creativity. I am an Motocross snob (mx folder, disk brake cover etc.) but your bike looks like a blast.

I just realized this this is a hard tail...that would seem to be pretty hard on the spine.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hi

Congrats, that's exactly what many members on this forum would like to see more often

Go California

You should modify the angle of the front fork to lower it a little, it's still too high for me

Cheers

·
Registered
522 Posts
I must admit that I never really understood the charm of this kind of machines... I want my bike to be reliable, functional and comfortable, not just pretty. I lean more towards adding things than stripping down the bike. And I am also afraid of frame modifications... if Yamaha designed the bike like that, that was probably the safest way to make it.

Just my opinion - everyone has their passion

·
Registered
522 Posts
that's exactly what many members on this forum would like to see more often

What makes you so sure about that, Silk Road?

Seems like you're looking for another marketplace here...

·
Registered
389 Posts
who are you and wtf are you talking about? do you live in California?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Very cool. You'd pretty much never know that was a TW, that's for sure. One of my favorite mods is a fella in China, I believe, who made his into a chopper, painted it black and added silver flames on the tank. You have a much larger fuel tank than he does, which I'm sure is nice. Pretty cool bike. Definitely one of a kind.

Question though, in California, are you allowed a bike without fenders? I may be wrong, but in Illinois, I believe law requires us to have fenders on our bikes. Just curious.

Dan

·
Registered
522 Posts
who are you and wtf are you talking about? do you live in California?

Are you not the same guy who posts on the French forum with the nickname Silk Road, the one who lives in Corsica and Japan exactly like you?

If not, I apologize, my bad.

·
Registered
13,909 Posts
Where ya gonna mount the GPS?

Certainly thinking outside the box on this one. I like the creativity and independent thought. And here I'm just trying to figure out if I want to re-paint mine, Huh!

Most would know I like the trails and logging roads, but a rider sure would get the looks and stares from other motorists with this TW.

Have fun ridingB).

·
Registered
2,499 Posts

Question though, in California, are you allowed a bike without fenders? I may be wrong, but in Illinois, I believe law requires us to have fenders on our bikes. Just curious.

Dan
I was wondering the same thing.

Is it street legal? Doesn't it need lights, turn signals, and mirrors?

Or maybe you're not finished with it.

jb

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Hey Fleshwound,

Very nice! A rigid framed TW. I especially like your use of the retro '60's (?) Yamaha tank and the white wheels. How about some closeup pictures of the shorty muffler and the former swingarm area where it looks like you've mounted your battery? Hope you get it running soon and look forward to pictures of you riding it.

Brian

·
Registered
389 Posts
it's kinda f******* m********* s******** b********* machine

cheers

1 - 20 of 78 Posts