TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a "Riding" forum. But I was pretty thrilled to find this pair of short boots.

Craigslist $40. They fit great and I am very excited to put them to use. Any opinions to share out there about your boots.

My old boots (from a friend) crush my right ankle when I ride. My neighbor told me it often happens when your boots get wet and get some funky bends.

I am so glad to have these new (for me) to ride the TDub.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I like them. Way better than sneakers or flip flops! I need to get some shorties like that for when I cruise around town. Good Craigslist find as those boots are not cheap.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Inspect the buckle. I use to use them when I raced motocross and supermotard. The buckles sometimes pop loose or break. Alpine Stars have betterones.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I have several pair of Danner Acadia, they are a lace up duty boot. plain leather with cordura and a Goretex liner. but I've also been checkin out lighty used dirt bike boots on CL

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
If you want boots (good boots, but not necessarily blessed by a MC name), hit the scratch and dent sale held 4 x per year at REI. 1. They sell good stuff; 2. They take it back at anytime when anyone complains (legitimate or not) and 3. that stuff gets marked down super much and placed out for sale in the scratch and dent sale (I think they call it members only sale, but its posted under activities). So how deep are the discounts? $175 Lowas for $25. $125 Vasques for less than that. You get the point. I wear everything from extremely tall Danners to more normal Lowas depending on what I'm doing and how much walking I'm planning on doing. You can't have too many boots! JMHO. Tom

·
Registered
736 Posts
If you want boots (good boots, but not necessarily blessed by a MC name), hit the scratch and dent sale held 4 x per year at REI. 1. They sell good stuff; 2. They take it back at anytime when anyone complains (legitimate or not) and 3. that stuff gets marked down super much and placed out for sale in the scratch and dent sale (I think they call it members only sale, but its posted under activities). So how deep are the discounts? $175 Lowas for $25. $125 Vasques for less than that. You get the point. I wear everything from extremely tall Danners to more normal Lowas depending on what I'm doing and how much walking I'm planning on doing. You can't have too many boots! JMHO. Tom

hey, what kind of soft bags are those???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts