TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in the nick of time too - started raining right after I got it stacked on my porch. I've got one of those built-in high-efficiency stoves. Gonna come in handy over the next few days - especially if the power goes out!

Love my Stihl "Farm Boss" chainsaw - can't recommend this brand enough - the thing is just awesome.

I also cut a large pine down behind my house - it'd died and was a little too close for comfort. Fortunately, it fell the way I cut it - always a little scary being next to a big tree that's about to come down!

Reactions: Tom Bettiker

·
Registered
976 Posts
Agreed on the Stihl Farm Boss OSOK, accept no substitute!

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I have a Stihl MS390, a little bigger than the Farm Boss, wouldn't trade it for anything! I've cut trees 36" in diameter with a 20" bar, takes a while going from side to side but it gets it done...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm fortunate in that we're only going to be getting a few days of cold, so only had to cut enough wood to get me through the week.

my two pups wanted to help me cut the tree down... they went into the house while I got that done.

·
Registered
363 Posts
There's a guy I know in rural, northern NH who has the firewood thing all figured out. First he uses an exterior wood burning furnace, when he needs fuel, he drives his tractor down the local dirt road and hitches up to the WHOLE fallen tree and rags it right down the road and parks it right in front of his furnace, cuts it up as needed and throws it right into the fire, saving numerous steps. For me, I just like working with wood: the splitting, neatly stacking etc.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I were up north, I'd have a different setup for sure! Sounds like your buddy's got it pegged. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts