TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there,

a friend wants to make a bobber/low seat style tw, parts are difficult to find here, especially when he's not sure what to look for and add the language barrier

if we cut the spring off an inch or so would this work? I've seen it don't on cars, not that was the way to do it either.

cheers

·
Super Moderator
5,259 Posts
Not so sure - the rear shock doesn't have a lot of travel to begin with, and you risk blowing the seals

Have you looked into hard tailing it ? - (which is pretty much what you'd end up with anyway) .....

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Reactions: Smitty Blackstone

·
Registered
457 Posts
PeterB has the best solution, I have drilled cut and welded the rear swingarm and found it to be surprisingly soft steel and easy to work with...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes, i have cut 1 to make an extension, i think the drilling is the best and cheapest all round but just wanted to show the guy what to expect, a 300m shock would also be good

thanks

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
hi there,

a friend wants to make a bobber/low seat style tw, parts are difficult to find here, especially when he's not sure what to look for and add the language barrier

if we cut the spring off an inch or so would this work? I've seen it don't on cars, not that was the way to do it either.

cheers
if you cut the spring, i hope you have a spare to replace it with. i would go with a new mounting hole

1 - 13 of 13 Posts