TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I done my diligence on searching and thought I found the perfect thread from 2012 i think it was but no one ever answered his question. Do they run any different, surely there is some difference in driveability, for example my 2016 does not drop rpm instantly when I slightly back off the throttle for shifts and it makes for a weird feeling shift and more problematic down shifting. Seems like a 1 second delay in the rpms to begin falling, I am thinking this is the CV carb doing this. I have heard they are a bit more adaptable to elevation changes before jetting is required as a possible plus.

For those of you that have ridden both the CV carb machines and the older slide cars please chime in as I am curious.

·
Super Moderator
5,166 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Flat side or pumper will give you a crisper response and most people feel like more HP but is probably the extra kick in the pants went you wack it open, I have the factory CV on my Honda XR650 and there was a mod that someone worked out to drill the pilot holes larger and it made a significant difference to the response not as good as a pumper but was an improvement for really no cost. also a pumper carb will not give as good of fuel mileage

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who makes it ?? are you talking about the $22 deal on Amazon ??

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Who makes it ?? are you talking about the $22 deal on Amazon ??

Get the "pumper" carburetor, with the accelerator pump on the carb. It takes a special 2 into 1 cable and you will have to make an adapter to fit the TW intake manifold.

See what heli-mech and CJ7Pilot have done. There are others but those two installing PZ30's right now.

http://tw200forum.com/forum/performance-customization/19693-heli-mechs-tw200-build-thread-21.html

[url]http://tw200forum.com/forum/performance-customization/37993-steves-87-day-mods-8.html

[/URL]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts