TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Cycle World - September 1987 - TW200 Article

9K views 24 replies 22 participants last post by  billmags 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
We only WISH they were a 4 valve motor (of course we're also grateful they never actually had a 24mm carb).

Some of the specs are wrong but the description of the riding experience and the designed intent of the bike still applies.

Thanks for that.

#3 ·
Even way back when, "The front tire, however, doesn't work as well on a wide variety of terrain, and tends to slide out before the rear", we still complain about that pesky stock front tire. Article pretty well spells out what is/was to be expected of our beloved TW. Not many motorcycle models have lasted for 25 years of production with so few changes.

Thanks for posting the article Brian

#6 ·
Thank you for sharing! That is a really fun trip back in time, oh wait, we all still ride the same bike, it's not like Yamaha really changed it much in 26 years!!! LOL.. I wish I could get a brand new one for $1699!!!

#10 ·
Ha! Thanks so much for posting this!

Except for the few changes over the intervening years (and the aforementioned technical errors), this could be a review of the 2013 TW.

Not surprised to see that I wasn't the only one gobsmacked by the 1987 MSRP!

#21 ·
Thats so cool! Thanks for posting this. The opeing question in the article is SO true! "What is it?" In the early 2000's I lived SoHo Manhattan, and thats when I got my first TW. I used to ride it all over NYC, and it was amazing at zipping thought the city. I can't tell you how many people would stop me and ask, "what is that?" Haha!!! Good memories, Thanks Brian!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.