TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 · (Edited)
First off, you guys have no clue how much the shipping to me cost, but you're dissing me and commenting about it. I will pay it, bit if they warranty their products for life, I shouldn't have to pay any shipping for a replacement item, I paid it in the bill the first time.
If it wan't a faulty paint job by them, then who's responsible for that if, it's their product? And if you don't want to stand by your product or warranty it like they say. then don't, don't advertise that, that your product is so good, it's warrantied for life. We should all just send a company money because they are nice guys operating a hobby? Your reasoning is all bogus. So, DISLIKE back to you, that's my opinion and you are entitled to yours.
If I do sell my old rack on here real cheap like I said I might, someone will be real happy to get it and restore it for the little bit of work involved.
And FYI GL, out of the $200 price tag for the rack is $50 that you are paying for their usual shipping charge. $200 is what you pay to buy it and have it shipped to your door, it is not a $200 rack per se.
And I don't know of any company that replaces a defective product and charges a shipping charge on the new replacement item.

First off, you guys have no clue how much the shipping to me cost, but you're dissing me and commenting about it. I will pay it, bit if they warranty their products for life, I shouldn't have to pay any shipping for a replacement item, I paid it in the bill the first time.
If it wan't a faulty paint job by them, then who's responsible for that if, it's their product? And if you don't want to stand by your product or warranty it like they say. then don't, don't advertise that, that your product is so good, it's warrantied for life. We should all just send a company money because they are nice guys operating a hobby? Your reasoning is all bogus. So, DISLIKE back to you, that's my opinion and you are entitled to yours.
If I do sell my old rack on here real cheap like I said I might, someone will be real happy to get it and restore it for the little bit of work involved.
And FYI GL, out of the $200 price tag for the rack is $50 that you are paying for their usual shipping charge. $200 is what you pay to buy it and have it shipped to your door, it is not a $200 rack per se.
And I don't know of any company that replaces a defective product and charges a shipping charge on the new replacement item.
LOL! Call me out all you want but Cycle Rack is a premier product that really does stand behind their racks. They apparently assessed that your racks paint rotted because of something in the installation or storage that allowed water and rust to invade the paint and nothing to do with their product but they stood by it anyway. I have had many CRs over many years and never had any of the issues as you described with any of them but I don't live by a salty environment and I don't let my bikes sit out in the weather. You are barking at the moon with me and CR in your complaints and I do agree about your right to do just that but I beg to differ which is my right. Where you are correct is with the shipping costs. CR probably pays between $20-30 to get it to you but if you have to send it back from a private shipping account then it may well cost closer to $50. Businesses that do a lot of shipping get a much better price than we casual residential shippers because they have an account.

GaryL

GaryL

Discussion starter · #23 · (Edited)
GL - You want me to call you out - OK- here goes.
I really like how you make sh%t up and say things that have no basis in fact. You seem to like to do that, making stuff up makes you sound more authentic or knowledgeable.
They did not, as you assert, "...apparently assessed that your racks paint rotted because of something in the installation or storage that allowed water and rust to invade the paint and nothing to do with their product." You want to shift blame to me for that? Where did that come from other than your own mind? What could I possibly have done to the entire rack during installation to cause the paint failure, scrape the whole thing down to bare metal with 50 grit sandpaper before I put it on? They even told me the paint failed because of how it was applied or because of the delay in applying it, not my fault but theirs. They warranted the product because it was THEIR fault it failed, which is what a good company is supposed to do. Get it? So get real when you accuse someone of something you know nothing about. And don't make sh$t up.
And, a good powder coated paint job will not fail in a salty environment - that is used as a protective coating for all kinds of things, aircraft parts and even planes, automotive wheels, motorcycle frames and wheels, anything metal you can imagine, and just to protect them from that or any other environment. So that statement too is wrong. And how great for you your bikes don't sit out in the weather, not everyone is so lucky as you. My bikes and cars sit underneath a carport. protected from sun and rain, but exposed to air, OMG. Would it be any better if they were inside an enclosed garage? Probably not much different unless it was climate controlled with AC and dehumidifiers. Funny how nothing else powder coated stored outside "in the weather" has failed in my toxic environment.
Again, with the shipping costs, you are making things up. While it may sound good to you, that is not fact. Their shipping cost is just about $50, not $20 or $30 that you would like us all to believe. And I know that for a fact because I've seen the bill.
So now, your turn, come back with something else fabricated to say I caused my Cyclerack powder coating to fail, and that they send out so much product, their shipping cost are negligible. You are not going to win this one. Accuracy and truth will always prevail.

I will start this by saying I don't have a dog in this fight. One of the things happening in our digital world is being able to shop for the products and/or price that we like or want. This usually requires the use of a commercial carrier to deliver the product to our location. The option to avoid the commercial carrier is to buy the product locally and usually avoid the shipping. Thus, if and or when it does come to the guarantee aspect you are most probably protected from shipping. Ordering digitally or remotely the shipping is rarely guaranteed only the product. Something to think about.
Mel

Its like the buy 1 get 1 aspect. The second is free, just pay additional shipping.
The larger the item, the higher the shipping. Priority is higher than standard.
Like Pres. Bush says, "I'm no Economer, but the arithmatism adds up.

GL - You want me to call you out - OK- here goes.
I really like how you make sh%t up and say things that have no basis in fact. You seem to like to do that, making stuff up makes you sound more authentic or knowledgeable.
They did not, as you assert, "...apparently assessed that your racks paint rotted because of something in the installation or storage that allowed water and rust to invade the paint and nothing to do with their product." You want to shift blame to me for that? Where did that come from other than your own mind? What could I possibly have done to the entire rack during installation to cause the paint failure, scrape the whole thing down to bare metal with 50 grit sandpaper before I put it on? They even told me the paint failed because of how it was applied or because of the delay in applying it, not my fault but theirs. They warranted the product because it was THEIR fault it failed, which is what a good company is supposed to do. Get it? So get real when you accuse someone of something you know nothing about. And don't make sh$t up.
And, a good powder coated paint job will not fail in a salty environment - that is used as a protective coating for all kinds of things, aircraft parts and even planes, automotive wheels, motorcycle frames and wheels, anything metal you can imagine, and just to protect them from that or any other environment. So that statement too is wrong. And how great for you your bikes don't sit out in the weather, not everyone is so lucky as you. My bikes and cars sit underneath a carport. protected from sun and rain, but exposed to air, OMG. Would it be any better if they were inside an enclosed garage? Probably not much different unless it was climate controlled with AC and dehumidifiers. Funny how nothing else powder coated stored outside "in the weather" has failed in my toxic environment.
Again, with the shipping costs, you are making things up. While it may sound good to you, that is not fact. Their shipping cost is just about $50, not $20 or $30 that you would like us all to believe. And I know that for a fact because I've seen the bill.
So now, your turn, come back with something else fabricated to say I caused my Cyclerack powder coating to fail, and that they send out so much product, their shipping cost are negligible. You are not going to win this one. Accuracy and truth will always prevail.
You might want to go back and read only what YOU WROTE in this thread. That is all I really know about your issue with the guys at CR and all that I am commenting on. Sounds to me like they did you very right based on your own admission. I don't waste much time arguing with idiots but I will speak up for companies that provide a solid product to us and stand by it. No more need be said on this topic. I won't waste my time to go back to copy and paste the quotes you made that led me to my comments but they damn sure are right in your posts. You might also want to ponder most of the other posts in this thread that damn sure are not supporting you.

BTW, This thread has generated over 20 "Likes" and not one of them were for your posts.

GaryL

Discussion starter · #27 ·
GL wrote "You might want to go back and read only what YOU WROTE in this thread. That is all I really know about your issue with the guys at CR and all that I am commenting on. Sounds to me like they did you very right based on your own admission. I don't waste much time arguing with idiots but I will speak up for companies that provide a solid product to us and stand by it. No more need be said on this topic. I won't waste my time to go back to copy and paste the quotes you made that led me to my comments but they damn sure are right in your posts. "

I have read over this entire thread. What admission? Please tell me and enlighten anyone else reading this crap, what did I do and what did I say about my paint problem that you are inferring I caused? Again you make things up and say sh$t that has no basis in fact. The fact is my powder coating failed and under their product warranty they agreed to replace it if I paid for shipping. I even gave their explanation for it. That is all I ever said but you continue to add to and embellish things that never happened, and now you're accusing me of saying things I never did. Why don't you just go out for a ride or something, or crawl back under your rock while you get back to reality.

If anybody is interested in seeing what this paint failure over the entire rack looks like, let me know and I'll get some pics up here. And I would like the incredible intelligence of GL to tell me how, "during the installation or storage", I caused this as he says, despite the company saying differently.

Are you guys done fussing at each other yet or do we need to shut down this thread?

Enough already...

Just keep it nice... ;)

In post #1 you said the bike sits out in a salty environment. In post #17 where you said "They thought it was caused by rust leaving the metal exposed" What I was mistaken about is I missed the part where the metal exposure likely happened in their process and not from being left out by you. My apology for misreading that statement. Never the less they did in fact stand up to their great reputation and their warranty as they have every time any member here has had an issue. What is there left to complain about? Sure, it should not have happened but shit does happen. They took care of it and you got a brand new rack for what ever the cost of shipping was. That by the way is very standard practice with almost every company where warranty replacements are honored. Actually most would require you to return the failed product at your expense and IF they determine it to be defective they will replace it at their expense. Either way you get stuck paying shipping to or from but with CR you got a brand new rack and still get to keep your defective one. Now at your leisure you can either repaint it and sell it or just sell it as it is and let the new owner do the repainting. I just don't get what you are complaining about sitting there with 2 perfectly good racks and one that needs some TLC but neither is in any way unusable as a rack on a TW. Look at it this way, I had a real nice TW only a few years old and the rear swing arm had a lot of rust right by where the rear shock attached, very poor paint in that area where water tends to pool. Do you think Yamaha would send me a nice brand new rear swing arm? I am attempting to get you to understand that CR did their job and covered their warranty and left you with a perfectly good rack you can now sell and certainly recoup any money you spent on shipping. You just want to belly ache!

Yes LT, close this thread, lock it or even remove it completely because CR does not deserve this negative review after fully fixing the issue as they always have.

GaryL

Reactions: turbodieseli4i6
Personally I think it flash rusted when the sandblaster left it out in the weather after blasting it. It's a common problem for powder coating and then the powder coating just couldn't stick like it should have. Unless CR does their own sandblasting, I'd say it wasn't their fault either. They do stand behind their product.

Thread closed

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.