TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Thanks. Im from Phoenixville Pennsylvania
If you want to put that rack to use we do a Dual Sport Ride in Green Ridge State Park the first weekend in May. Last year we had 9 TWs

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
Good idea!
What else works in a no-scratch non-snagging soft sided approach is a prussik. 8 to 12 inches of soft grippy 1/4 line works great, slides along the tube easily without a load yet sets tightly once you pull on loop to secure your gear.
Knowledge in general of various uses of the prussik knot can be a life saver whether it is fashioning an ascender to climb rope or simply belaying a tight come-along or which line while you re-set to get a better purchase. prussik-knot.jpg

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Sounds fun. Where can i find more information about it?

Here’s the thread from last year with links to previous years

[video]http://tw200forum.com/forum/trails-off-road-adventure-riding/35905-western-maryland-dual-sport-adventure-ride-2017-a.html[/video]

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
Right troll!
Who knew your shoelaces can have so many uses and actually be a lifesaver if you ever have to climb a rope in an emergency.

P.S. - my shoelaces once made the difference between spending the night out in the desert in a downed helicopter awaiting rescue and flying the bird out for a cold beer and a warm bed. Never ever give up! ...but that is another story, catch me around a campfire sometime.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I gotta hear this!

Right troll!
Who knew your shoelaces can have so many uses and actually be a lifesaver if you ever have to climb a rope in an emergency.

P.S. - my shoelaces once made the difference between spending the night out in the desert in a downed helicopter awaiting rescue and flying the bird out for a cold beer and a warm bed. Never ever give up! ...but that is another story, catch me around a campfire sometime.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Right troll!

Never tried shoe laces fred but I did carry a couple of loops of 4 mil static cord along with one pitch of 6 mil. Now I use a jumar, heavier but faster and easier to jug with

1 - 12 of 12 Posts