·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they worth it?

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
x2. the only issue i have is when i went rubber side up, i got my ankle pinned under it the first ride i did with it. it makes the rear of the bike a bit wider.

product-wise they are quality A1 in material, function and customer service! it strengthens the rear of the bike, and give a great handle to pull on.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
i went with a moose expedition rear rack cause it was a little cheaper and serves my purposes...the advantage of the cycleracks is the added drop protection with the side bars...

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Well worth it. I've used my cyclerack for some really hard work too. Comes in very usefull.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Admiral, glad to see your 'pet' doesn't leave a ring in the grass from pacing back and forth. Is this a new training method or does he just like to stay on the gravel? I suppose you could turn off the petcock when the two of you aren't playing, but from the photo, it looks like he's ready to 'go'. Squirrel? TIM

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Tinman Tim & TW-Brian, you guys are too funny!

Tinman Tim, since I ride with a dog alot, it took me a bit to figure out what you were talking about. Georgie ain't in the picture. But alas, I finally had the ah ha moment. That one's pretty good. You caught me at a serious moment I guess:D

TW-Brian, and here I was taking a moment of seriousness and trying to illustrate the versatility of the cyclerack. Then I get poked with a funny. Rear drag brake for sure!

You all are good guys!

·
Registered
493 Posts
This is on my short list. My lunch box fell of today going to work. It was recovered by a coworker! Next paycheck.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
There isn't anything the cycleracks aren't great for.

1. It helps us lift that tank (280++ lbs.)onto the stand.

2. It can help carry things.

3. It looks cool.

4. It helps support fellow Americans.

5. It just adds more coolness to our one of a kind TDubs.

I just put the TDub up on the stand. No problem. It just made me happy I have the cyclerack even more. Every time I put it on the stand using the cycle rack, my back thanks me.

·
Registered
493 Posts
The cyclerack doesn't overload the rear sub frame like the other racks do.

Well there are some broken rear cross members of some forum members (tongue twister). Perhaps overloaded or perhaps from lifting.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
True there have been some broken, but I think they are the exception. Either way, the strength of a cycle rack is hard to deney.

·
Registered
493 Posts
[quote name='r80rt' date='03 March 2013 - 05:53 AM' timestamp='1362318805' post='69278']

True there have been some broken, but I think they are the exception. Either way, the strength of a cycle rack is hard to deney.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'd really like to pick one of these up, but am I pretty much locked into the $199.00 (that's what I see on both Cycleracks.com and their eBay listing)?

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
think of it as $159 + shipping, which has been their price for several years.

bombproof racks and great customer service.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That pic with the van sold me on it. I really thought it was like getting a form of insurance after seeing it do that. And the "new price" is a flat 199 with free shipping. Mine arrived in 3 days from Idaho to Wisconsin.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I've read a little about the Van picture, The guy's son was on behind him and neither of them were hurt, plus that rack was removed from the wreck and put on his new bike. I'll try to find the story and post it up.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts