TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a new tw owner and i want a cyclerack. Not sure if i want the flat or humped one. What are the benefits to each? Thanks in advance
Joshua

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Get the flat one. More options on what you can put on it and where you want it sitting

·
Super Moderator
17,987 Posts
O and welcome to the forum!! :D

·
Super Moderator
17,987 Posts

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
The flat one is just more versatile. The hump limits where a box can be positioned and depending upon the box size you might not have the seat room you require. With the flat back you can easily move the box back some to get the room you want. I doubt there is any difference in the strength between either style. It is just preference and usability and both are the same price. I just bought new racks for both my TW and the XT225. Don and Marc went out of the way to make the XT one in the flat style which they had never done before and I do believe it was me who suggested to them a few years back to loose the hump on the TW ones for those who don't want it. Both racks installed perfect and are lined up just as they should be.

GaryL

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Good thread guys :D I have been considering a rack myself.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Good thread guys :D I have been considering a rack myself.
One thing that blows me away with the Cyclerack is they have some kind of deal with UPS. I ordered mine on Monday and it was here on Wednesday all the way from Idaho to NY in break neck speed.

GaryL

·
Registered
13,654 Posts
I know truelight years ago changed his by removing the hump and making it flat. He posted it here on the forum but for the life of me I can't find it. Anyway, that could be an option should anyone have a humped model and want it flat or vice versa.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks fellas. Went and ordered the flat model. Was going to buy the humped but i see how the flat has more options. Thanks again fellas.
Joshua

·
Registered
604 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
While you will be happy with either I have the "humped one" on my TW and one on my CRF250L. I know I will never have a top box and the "humped" version makes a nice back stop for the bags I carry back there.

Either way great service, amazing products! You have not gone wrong with your order!!!!

Rudy in Montana

1 - 17 of 17 Posts