TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a tw200 rear cycleracks rack without the traditional hump. They have quit making them this way. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maybe take a look at the tusk rear rack. Looks to use the same mounting points as the cycle rack plus an extra one on the back for a sturdier mount. It also has no bump on the back. I have no actual experience just what I’ve researched planning upgrades for a future tw. It may work for what you need.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe take a look at the tusk rear rack. Looks to use the same mounting points as the cycle rack plus an extra one on the back for a sturdier mount. It also has no bump on the back. I have no actual experience just what I’ve researched planning upgrades for a future tw. It may work for what you need.
Thanks I will

·
Registered
709 Posts
Looking for a tw200 rear cycleracks rack without the traditional hump. They have quit making them this way. Thanks.
Yeah when I got mine they had just quit making them correctly without the hump. I decided to go ahead and get one and try it. That dang hump got in the way every single time I would put something back there. One day I had had enough. I took the rack off. Carefully sawed the tubing just before the hump on each side. I found some solid steel rod I had laying around. It fit right inside the tubing. I think I cut it 2 inches long for each side. I had the rack upside down on the floor so that everything would come out even. Put the solid steel rods in the tubing on each side. Slid the cut off hump on the rods. Tack welded them together. Everything looked good. Welded the parts together. Ground the welds smooth and threw on some paint. BEST thing you can do to the cyclerack. Now I use the heck out of it. I have carried a 32 pack of water. Watermelons, coolers, and all kinds of stuff me and the wife grab while while out joy ridding. It is a really well made rack and very strong. If you or someone you know can weld, buy the cycleracrk, rotate the hump and enjoy.

·
Registered
763 Posts
TUSK Utility Top Rack. Flat mounting surface. Very rigid and multiple slots for straps from any direction. As CodFather said, has the additional mount out at the back that to me makes the rear sub-frame more rigid. The rear bracket is adjustable up and down. After bolting down tight elsewhere, (pegs and under seat) I bolted the rear adjustable tight to the sub-frame and the rack first, then put some slight upward pressure on the end of the sub-frame before tightening down the adjusting bolts.

The rack itself to me is much more rigid than the sub-frame. My theory is when loaded and/or hitting bumps, if the rack does give or flex some, it wont down stress the rear sub-frame as much with it already slightly pre-stressed upward.

And free shipping from RMATV.

Marty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts