TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

Registered
Great, now I can torture you guys for the next 2 weeks and not just my family. Laia Sanz has some serious money behind her this year, being on the factory KTM team, and I hope that she does great. Of course the Rally Pan Am Team is who I support and we have some great guys on the team this year. Scott Bright and Ian Blythe are the boys I am rooting for. Jonah Street who was a motorcycle rider has moved to navigating for Sheldon Creed in the cars. He is on Robby Gordons team. Sheldon Creed is an 18 year old guy who beat Robby Gordon in Stadium trucks and after the race Robby offered him a job in a second American car in Dakar. The prologue was today and I wish Gordons team had done better and had a better starting spot tomorrow, but the Rally Pan Am guys did great and will get some great experience. I would love one of them to win a stage or 2 but will be happy if they both finish and gain some experience. I say the same thing every year, I wish that I spoke Spanish and I wish that I didn't have this Dakar addiction. I also hope that all of the racers return home safely to their families, but I know that past history says otherwise.

Registered
Looks like todays stage is cancelled do to weather, at least the bikes and quads. I know many people complain that stages should run regardless of the weather but I agree with canceling. If a helicopter cannot fly, no med-evac, no media coverage. One of the riders commented that just moving the bike was like riding on soap.

Registered
Stage Cancelled!
Race director 脡tienne Lavigne has just confirmed that today's stage has been cancelled.

The helicopters needed to guarantee the safety of the participants during the race are unable to fly due to poor weather conditions on the course of the special and at the end of the stage.

The entire field will reach Villa Carlos Paz under link section conditions. Motorcycles and quads will travel in a convoy, cars on their own and trucks on the course reserved for assistance vehicles.

Registered
Ok, so the race isn't on t.v. here in the states, but isn't there a way to watch it on the computer?
Not necessary "live" but anything? Every year I wish I could watch it somehow, but never quite
figure out a way.
Maybe there is, but it costs big money? I just dunno'.
Oh, and how do they expect the race to "catch on" in the U.S. If it isn't ever televised, anyway?
Ricklessss in Oregon

Registered
You could try Eurosport or SBSs websites they may have a download.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts