TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Things are getting close to cooling off around here, it's time to start planning my first overnighter with my TW. I already have a state park pass, so i might just default to a NTX state park, but I'm hoping for some back country riding, dirt roads, etc. on my way there. Any suggestions? I might be able to stretch my ride out over two nights, but a one-nighter is more manageable. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I figured out my route. I figured since I was born a Texan but didn't grow up here that I needed to take a education trip. I've got 28 historical markers that I want to check out, tons of historic buildings (I'm a huge fan of old gas stations) , and old abandoned cotton towns. I'll spend a night camping out state park style, and hopefully have a meaningful and memorable weekend. Still need to get my Rubbermaid Action Packer mounted and start trying out different load plans. Plus since my 87 stator won't power accessories I'm looking into mounting a solar panel to the action packer to keep the phone charged and the bike's battery topped off. Planning for mid September and cooler temps. Can't wait. Any advice or input gladly welcomed.

Purtis Overnight
“To” Town List:
Heritage Park - 234 North 8th Street Midlothian, TX 76065
Farmer Merchants State Bank - 209 Main St Maypearl, TX 76064
Re-built Old Bank - 103 Crossmain St Milford, TX 76670
Historical Marker 7201 - N Front St Frost, TX 76641
Downtown Area - 509 S Fordyce St Blooming Grove, TX 76626
Marker Number: 8269 - South Front Street & Houston St. Barry, TX 75102
Emhouse Rail Road Tracks - 160 Main St Corsicana, TX 75110
Downtown Area - Calhoun St Rice, TX 75155
Old Chatfield - NE 3270 Chatfield, TX 75105
Downtown Area and Ole’ West Steakhouse - 301 S 3rd St Mabank, TX 75147
Purtis Creek State Park - Eustace, TX 75124

“From” Town List:
Find the “City of Canton” Mural - E Dallas St Canton, TX 75103
Downtown Area - SE Front St Edgewood, TX 75117
Downtown Area - W North Commerce St Wills Point, TX 75169
Iris Theatre/British Air Museaum - 209 West Moore Avenue Terrell, TX 75160
The former Odd Fellows Hall - N Jefferson St Kaufman, TX 75142
Old Train Depot - Railroad St Rosser, TX 75157
Trinity River Truss Bridge HWY 34 – State HWY 34 South @ Trinity River
Magnolia Gas Station/Other Gas Station - 105 S Main St Ferris, TX 75125
​​​​​​​​-E 8th St Ferris, TX 75125

Home

·
Registered
503 Posts
don't mess with the solar panel (so long as your electrical system is working properly). If all your doing is charging a cell phone, put on a 12v outlet, and charge while you ride. Can add a relay if your capable. Doesn't take to long to install and can be done for about $20. Most all electronic devices only need 5.7 volts to charge. Less stuff in bags too. TIM

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
don't mess with the solar panel (so long as your electrical system is working properly). If all your doing is charging a cell phone, put on a 12v outlet, and charge while you ride. Can add a relay if your capable. Doesn't take to long to install and can be done for about $20. Most all electronic devices only need 5.7 volts to charge. Less stuff in bags too. TIM
Putting in an outlet is my preference too, I just didn't know if I could get away with it. Eventually I want to add a trail tech computer, upgrade my head light, and run my iphone. I'll try to reduce draw by switching to LED lighting on every bulb the bike has, and boost battery reliability by installing a Shorai.

But for now I'll go try the outlet out on my daily commute and see if I can notice a difference.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I love checking out historical sites, too. Looks like you have a great itinerary. I hope you'll take some pictures for us. Be safe and have fun!

·
Registered
29 Posts
The Hilton in Dallas is nice, but Google Maps sent me to a construction site in Irving trying to find it. My GPS saved the day. Ah, the good ole days of roughing it.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love checking out historical sites, too. Looks like you have a great itinerary. I hope you'll take some pictures for us. Be safe and have fun!
As many as my iphone can hold. This trip anticipation is killing me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts