TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Desert Riding South of Harper in Eastern Oregon

Out riding in neature in Eastern Oregon was neat. We saw a lot of neat things out there in neature because we could. Even all of the cows were neat...as long as they didn't attack us which wouldn't have been as neat.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Guess that Pup was trying to herd you guys too?
Very cool.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Your lucky that calf didn't lay down a "slick" in front of you.
None of those cows looked as menacing as that bull we had go around before and after you got the flat.

·
Registered
13,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That sure is some pretty country.
Yep, pretty wide open. Still disappointing when we run into no trespassing signs and Wilderness Study Areas (WSA's) which stop you from riding down the best trails and most to see stuff in the whole wide world. The best stuff to see is always on the closed side of the gate! :p

·
Registered
13,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guess that Pup was trying to herd you guys too?
Very cool.
I'm glad he didn't take us for a predator (not TopPredator) and thankfully he didn't bite. He wasn't so much herding us but keeping an eye on us to make sure we didn't steal off with one of those fluffy cows. I've had one of those dogs chase me pretty hard when I had Georgie on back. They don't like them country dogs around the flock.

·
Registered
13,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your lucky that calf didn't lay down a "slick" in front of you.
None of those cows looked as menacing as that bull we had go around before and after you got the flat.
I was a little apprehensive with the bull guarding the gate. Then Lori goes whizzing on by without a care in the world. Well, now I gotta go so as to not look all un-manly and stuff.:D

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
What do you say as you are passing cows. Moooooove cow ;):)
That was just awful!!! If I were passing a cow I would say OUCH! Kidney stones hurt and they are tiny!

Tom

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
That was just awful!!! If I were passing a cow I would say OUCH! Kidney stones hurt and they are tiny!

Tom
Now it's showtime. The stone will leave your body while you pee, which will cause severe pain in your bladder and groin, and burning at the tip of your...you know what. You may also notice blood in your urine from the stone scraping the lining of your ureter on the way out.

Good luck...now make fun of my jokes again :p

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Now it's showtime. The stone will leave your body while you pee, which will cause severe pain in your bladder and groin, and burning at the tip of your...you know what. You may also notice blood in your urine from the stone scraping the lining of your ureter on the way out.

Good luck...now make fun of my jokes again :p
Yeah I know! Now imagine a cow! Wait while I find a picture...............

Tom

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
they don't grow those cows very big out there do they?
lanolin moo-ers!

·
Registered
19,590 Posts
Have noticed that many sage brush grazing leases seem to primarily grow the cattle frames.
Often the steers are then shipped to better climates to get meat hung on them at feedlots like one sees and smells around Modesto.
The locals, at least the ones with homes for sale, say one gets used to the urine smell.

·
Registered
13,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think the bull guarding the gate was a youngin. Later I saw a great big white bull and he was about twice the size of this little boy bull. ...and big white was twice the size of the full grown girl cows. Thankfully, the big guy was on another side of the fence laying down when I saw him. = no danger to Krissy Pooh!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
"I was a little apprehensive with the bull guarding the gate. Then Lori goes whizzing on by without a care in the world. Well, now I gotta go so as to not look all un-manly and stuff."

I have had a large grey wolf cross the trail in front of me but honestly I would be more afraid of that bull. Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed your video.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts