·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Too bad, it's my fault, I read about it taking place this week earlier and forgot to post it until I just now saw that it had taken place already... :( I'm sure you could have gotten better pictures of it!!! Sorry bro.

Man, I blew that one. Could have been there. It's only a couple hours away.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I remember it well. :cool: IIRC from a book I read Evel had a monument erected depicting the site of his skycycle jump but due to financial difficulties the stone was moved to Butte to serve as his grave marker. One side has typical grave markings, name, dates, etc. The other has the old engravings about the Snake River Canyon jump.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hopefully there will be other videos posted where we can actually see something.
Glad he made it!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I got wrapped up with work and missed it : (

The second rocket cycle was built using the blueprints of the first one and the designers son provided technical assistance and his dads notebook too.

To keep it authentic they even used the lid from a dog food can for a nozzle plug same as in the first rocket cycle.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
213 Posts
For those of you that Facebook.https://www.facebook.com/EvelSpiritRocket/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED
I made quite a few parts for the rocket. Even cut some of the dog food can lids. We built the wing support ribs, nozzle adapters, and parts for the initiator, and holding mechinism on the ramp.

They built 3 total rockets. 1 to show, 1 for testing, and one to launch Eddie in.

It was a closed deal. They didn't want 3,000 people there because of insurance or something like that.

·
Registered
213 Posts
And it wasn't hundreds of on lookers. More like 25 people were allowed in. Sadly I was not one of them.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Way cool you had a part in this Mekdad!! :D

For those of you that Facebook.https://www.facebook.com/EvelSpiritRocket/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED
I made quite a few parts for the rocket. Even cut some of the dog food can lids. We built the wing support ribs, nozzle adapters, and parts for the initiator, and holding mechinism on the ramp.

They built 3 total rockets. 1 to show, 1 for testing, and one to launch Eddie in.

It was a closed deal. They didn't want 3,000 people there because of insurance or something like that.

Reactions: Darth
1 - 11 of 11 Posts